Econo Lodge
Serena Inn(Thomasville)
$42
$38
$103
All reviewscontinental breakfastroom was cleanstaff was friendlywould stay here againyogurtground floorinexpensive hotelthe breakfast areanight clerkinterstatemotelratestallahasseemilespetrepair
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2013

At first I was hesitant about booking because the rate was unbelievably low. The room was clean, no odd smells. The bed was very comfortable & the A/C worked very well. Check in was quick & easy & we got exactly what we requested. Non-smoking king on 1st floor. Only a couple minor details keeps me from giving it an excellent rating. The bath towels & mat were pretty threadbare & should have been replaces long ago. I tossed both packs of coffee because they had been opened. Other than those couple of items, the room was a really more than I expected for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thanks for feedback and suggestions. We will take care of suggestions.
Please visit us again.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

In September of 2012 I reserved a room at this hotel for my daughter's college graduation in May of 2013 through the Choice Hotels website. The hotel contacted me directly in April to make sure I wanted the room and I confirmed over the phone that I did. On the day I was to arrive, my daughter called to make sure my room would be ready. We were told they had no record of our reservation. The person on the phone was rude and eventually hung up on my daughter. I called Choice Hotels and they were very nice, but they never followed up on my complaint. Bottom line - if you really need a room in the area for an important event at FSU, do not use this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank adnaw

We were completely sold out and there was no reservation in the system. If we had even one room to sell we would have offered you. We could not find any rooms from any hotel partner in 100 miles radius. We were sold out with FSU and FAMU visitors. We are definitely desired hotel for Football games and all the other corporate meetings/activites in Tallahassee, FL due to our easy location and no traffic to get in and out from hotel.
We apologize for inconvenience.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Wanted to Thank David for the nice room 116 and an easy check in @10:30 5/23/13. Everything that I needed in room was there and a quiet stop for being so close to interstate. Shower was clean as well as the bedding. I did notice the carpet needed some attention. Black top parking lots that are resurfaced do cause this to happen. The walk way gardens were very well kept. Morgan the front desk clerk checked me out and said I hope that you come back and see us.
I let him know what needed attention and said it would be handled. I would stay here again on my next trip through here.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are always less used-climb the stairs for some exercise and get a room with less wear.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
EconoLodge M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thanks for visiting us for short stay over . We are pleased to serve you.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located, easy on and off from the highway. The hotel clerk was super friendly and helpful. I booked through Priceline, and for some reason they had requested a handicap accessible room for us. The price was great, but the clerk said to call directly and she could get us comparable prices. The room was almost like new. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Very comfortable. It's hard to find budget hotels like this these days.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Legendsfl

It gives us immense pleasure to host guests. I am so glad that everything went perfect with the stay.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed just one night on the way back home from visiting family. I was traveling with my son. There was no pool, but it was $40 for the night, so I was not complaining. I was pleasantly surprised by how clean and comfortable it was. I felt totally safe. Was only 10 miles from Tallahassee, so my son and I took a drive and had dinner in the city. Great service at front desk, nicely landscaped grounds, free Wifi, free basic breakfast items. What more could I ask for? Definitely recommend this place and will stay here again. Thanks Econolodge!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thanks for nice comments ! We strive for such feedback!