“Great homemade food and cozy atmosphere!”
Review of Tupelo's Cafe

Tupelo's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Monticello
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Healthy
Description: This is the greatest organic bakery in the area. They bake their own bread daily and their sandwiches are the best yet. Great atmosphere and come in to meet all the local crowd to enjoy a perfect breakfast or lunch and very healthy to boot!
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The food here is freshly prepared and delicious! We had soups that were fabulous and the sandwiches were on their delicious homemade bread. Do not miss their desserts - also fresh and homemade! The atmosphere was cozy with upholstered furniture arranged in seating areas as well as tables. There was a great selection of honey and other products from Full Moon Farm.

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I usually pass the thru Monticello once a year on my way south. It always seems that local shops are closed. This time I made an effort to arrive at lunch time and I am so glad I did. Unfortunately they had sold out of quiche, but my "Big Green Sandwich" hit the spot. It had everything you would find in a fresh salad pressed between slices of homemade bread. At the suggestion of another customer I tried the watermelon pie. I can't even describe it. Not too sweet or heavy, definitely watermelon. Heavenly light. STOP HERE! I will be sure to adjusts schedule to eat here again!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Everyone who has had brunch at my house, knows that I make a great quiche. I have a fantastic crust recipe and ..anyway, my own was the best I'd ever had until I stopped by Tupelo's Cafe a couple of weeks ago. Their crust is buttery, flaky and so delicious (and the quiche was moist, flavorful and satisfying) that both days of my stay in Monticello, I had the quiche at Tupelo's. Plus, everyone there was friendly and welcoming (even though I was only passing through town).

Reviewed February 1, 2013

A couple of friends and I bicycled from Tallahassee to Monticello today and happened upon this gem of a café. We had not planned to get lunch, but the promise on the window of locally sourced, organic food enticed us inside. All three of us were so pleased that we changed our plans and had lunch there. The place is roomy but has a quaint feeling inside, and there is also outdoor seating looking at the beautiful Monticello courthouse. We each got coffee then split the following: Tupelo’s Tuna Luna Sandwich, Pesto Grilled Cheese, scone, and savory breakfast bread. The service was friendly and great. The atmosphere was interesting, and there were all kinds of local and organic products to buy. All of us agreed that we LOVE Tupelo's and will definitely be returning soon!

1  Thank SunshineDiver
Reviewed January 23, 2013

An organic bakery that has the best goodies around. Once you have tried their sweets, you can't help but want to keep coming back. It's addicting!