“Superb Smoked Prime Rib!”
Review of Brick House Eatery

Brick House Eatery
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Monticello
Cuisines: American
Description: I found them on google
Description: I found them on google
London, United Kingdom
“Superb Smoked Prime Rib!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We ate here on a Friday evening after a recommendation from the owner of our nearby B&B. Our meal was fantastic! Huge slices of soft-as-butter smoked prime rib with a baked potato, a small pot of beef jus, & a side of salad leaves, crumbled cheese, dried cranberries & nut shavings with ranch dressing. Absolutely delicious! We only wish we lived closer so we could make it a regular stop!

• Visited June 2014

Columbus, Georgia
“Small Town Favorite”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I travel through Monticello, FL for work on occasion; I always make sure that lunch at “The Brick” is on the itinerary. Everything I have ordered off the menu has been great. The homemade ranch dressing is the best!

Visited April 2014
Tallahassee, Florida
“Friendly, local fare”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I stopped in to the Brick House the other Sunday for a meal based upon their hours which were posted on Facebook. Apparently they hadn't updated them because my daughter and I were the only ones there. The owner informed us that we were an hour early but rather than send us away, he got us drinks and personally made my lunch! Few business owners remember the cardinal rule of the restaurant business and the owner of the Brick House is a rare breed! My fried green tomato grilled chicken sandwich was excellent and piping hot by the way, and he has definitely earned a return customer. Thanks!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank KeithC4
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent local fare!!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Stop here often when I go back and forth from Jacksonville to Tallahassee. Great fried pickles and the sandwich's are wonderful. Service is courteous and fast. You can't go wrong here.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank nole38
“Great food, homely atmosphere.”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I ate lunch and dinner here this week with my husband and 10 yr old daughter. Has the feel of a friendly, cozy cafe - clearly a favorite gathering place for locals - and with good reason. Both times, our food was excellent and the service swift, friendly and attentive. The blackened grouper with cheese grits is heavenly. Ditto the fried green tomato and shrimp salad. My daughter loved her turkey bacon ranch wrap.

We chatted to the owners, who also run Trophy Creek Outfitters (hunting supplies) across the road. Very pleasant people, eager to ensure a positive dining experience for visitors. Do not be deterred by the one reviewer who posted a single-star review. Did they even eat here?? Not clear from their churlish review. My family will certainly be back again this summer for more grouper n grits!

1 Thank UnaTRXtrainer