“A new low”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Monticello
Den Burg, The Netherlands
“A new low”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Filthy and worn chairs, tables, bathroom and other furniture. Microwave and fridge covered in unindentified muck. Insects in one of the beds. A pair of jammies and a hat from a previous guest. Clipped toenails near the bed.
Strangely enough the motel looks pretty good on the outside, but if there is a fork in the road - take it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robtexel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Destin, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

This small hotel is at a quiet exit off of I-10 and while the hotel is a nice value there are not many decent dining options nearby. There is a Huddle House adjacent to the hotel and an Arby's and McDonalds within a few hundred yards. Would recommend to a friend but would add this caveat.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
huntress5541, Manager at Super 8 Monticello, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review.We look forward to see you again, we will be glad to recommend other nearby dinning locations.
Traverse City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2010

My stay was comfortable, clean and safe. Building was showing signs of wear, but bed and linen were good.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Alrewas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night after a long drive from Kennedy Space Center on our way to Memphis.

Overall, average and nothing exceptional but exactly as we expected from a Super-8 motel - it did the job for 1 night (though breakfast could be improved).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

Ok… let me say first that I stayed at this Hotel because I was traveling from Florida to Laredo, and was too tired, so, I think this is a pass by hotel for the roadtrip travelers.

Google earth:
LATITUD 30°28'28.87"N
LONGITUD 83°53'29.42"W

GENERALS:
1. The room is VERY spacious.
2. Allways hot water
3. Room really clean and bathroom as well
4. All the installations were so clean and well treated than the hotel seemed brand new
5. The pool is very small, but for the season I was there it was too chilly and I´m shure the water was not heated.
6. Very few TV channels but enough to get you to sleep
7. The front desk lady (night shift) made a mistake while giving me a price for one person, while there would be 2 adults and one 4 y/o child. She stand her price recognizing her mistake. 49.90 the night. That talks very well of the staff.
8. It is really close to the I-10, on the south exit.
9. No problem with other guest noise or I-10 trucks noise.
10. It has a Continental breakfast free that I did not try
WARNING! DANGER! PELIGRO!
Nearby there is a restaurant called HUDDLE HOUSE Restaurant… please! Do not eat here! I mean it, let me explain.
We got there because it was close to the hotel. Everything looked just fine, the place looks like a regular “Waffle House”, a little lower and not as comfy, but what the hell right? We were just looking for a good fast breakfast.
Ok, then, the devil appeared… her name is Niece… she is (I need to say) a afro American lady on her 30 or so, with a really bad problem with her attitude tourch all kind of clients. First I thought her attitude were to Mexicans (it happen that there were, including us, 2 mexican families on the roundtrip), and she treated us really bad, yelling and with no scence of client management, and no patient on explaining the menu.
Then, it happened that she treated some US customers truly well, and others as she did with us, two copule of US customers leave the place because they were not attended AT ALL!!!!
I asked for the manager, who happended not to be in the place, just the cook man, and he agreed with me and offered us a free meal next visit which I´ll never try just to think being attended by that lady.
My family, the other Mexican family, the US families never treat her wrong or anything, she seems to have a problem with live and herself. I left her a tip of $0.01 dollars, hope she got the message.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

The room was FILTHY; the shower had a dirty wash rag in it from the previous occupant. The shower wall had hair on it. The bedding made us itch. We left in the middle of the night and drove 3 hours home after a long day at the FSU game because this place was so nasty. I will never go back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
jonesann1, Manager at Super 8 Monticello, responded to this review, October 13, 2009
I'm very sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations.We want every guest to be satisfied and return, so please if you ever have a problem let the front desk know immediatly, and we will make it right.Thank you for letting us know.

Since we spoke on the phone after your stay, I hope that my solution to you has satisfied your impleasant stay with us. And we hope that you will give us another try.

Sincerley,
Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2008

I stayed there. The toilet would not flush right. Air conditioning went out. Shower rod was coming lose from the wall. I registered this complaint to front desk. I just hope they make all necessary repair. This would keep the people coming back to this facility.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monticello
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 3 in Monticello
Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East
Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn
Home2 Suites by Hilton Tallahassee State Capitol
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee I-10 East
Baymont Inn & Suites Tallahassee Central

Been to Super 8 Monticello? Share your experiences!