“simply not clean” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Simpsonville, Kentucky
“simply not clean”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I checked in with two of my work colleagues. Within an hour I received text messages from them that they were checking out because either the bed or the bathroom had hair and dirt that was not cleaned up. I actually made it till the next morning before I couldn't stand it anymore. There was something dirty at every turn. Especially the dishes in the mini kitchen. Maintenance is poor as is employee attitude. The final jab was the absolutely horrible breakfast. At least the TV and the AC worked.

Room Tip: go to the hilton across the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
guestsnumberonefan, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than pleasant. Our goal is that every one of our guests experience the best stay ever at our hotel and it saddens me to hear that your stay was not. I am very disappointed that your colleagues had to check out before their stay ended and that the rooms were less than perfect upon check-in and throughout the night. . We will be discussing your comments with our housekeeping staff and sharing your experience. I would like to speak with you and learn more about your incident so that we can follow up and make sure the room you and your colleagues occupied are thoroughly inspected to avoid this happening in the future. Again, I am very sorry for this challenge and hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel 954-450-2717 ext. 6002. Yours in Service, Cristina Andujar, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here after going to our son's high school football game in Miami. It was in a good neighborhood (which can be hard to find). The breakfast, as always, in all Residence Inns was great. The room was comfortable. We had a two bedroom with a living room and full kitchen. The pool area was clean but the light in the pool was damaged and not working at night. In the morning the gym did not have any towels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our location provided the convenience and safety you needed and were looking for in a hotel. Thank you for mentioning the pool light. We will follow up with our maintenance at the hotel with regard to getting the pool light fixed. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Miramar FL. Yours in service, Cristina Andujar, Director of Sales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The room and the breakfast were okay. However, the housekeeping staff failed to service our room. Fortunately, the kind nighttime front desk attendant was able to provide us fresh towels and offered an ice cream bar or a soda for our inconvenience, which I declined.

But the final two-star rating comes as a result of the e-mail response from the general manager to my inquiry regarding the failure to provide maid service. It read in part: "I did follow up with housekeeping and the housekeeper did go into your room to clean it. At that time my housekeeping supervisor was passing by on her regular round of checking rooms and saw the housekeeper going into the room to clean. We did lock interrogation and the lock did confirm that the housekeeping key opened your room. Again I do apologize if my staff did not clean the room up the standard you have come to expect from a Marriott property."

It matters not whether the housekeeping staff entered our room to clean it. All that matters is why we did not receive the maid service for which we paid. The response from the general manager was not productive. I expect better from Marriott.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay and experience after was less than pleasant. Our goal is that every one of our guests experience the best stay ever at our hotel and it saddens me to hear that your stay was not. I am very disappointed that your room was not cleaned throughout your stay. We will be discussing your comments with our housekeeping staff and sharing your experience. Again, I am very sorry for this challenge and hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel 954-450-2717 ext. 6002.
Yours in Service, Cristina Andujar, Director of Sales
Elizabethtown, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Staying at this hotel was awesome. The room was perfect, and very comfortable. Staff met us at the elevator to take our bags and set up a crib in our room.
The decor is very modern and comfortable. The bed smelled like fresh linens and couldn't get enough of the smell.
The breakfast was the best I have ever had at a hotel. Hot, yummy breakfast makes for a happy fun filled beach day.
Very great stay, I recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pearland, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We spent three nights in this hotel over the thanksgiving holiday while visiting family in South Florida. This hotel is conveniently located on Miramar Parkway just off I-75, near many residential areas. It's very practical if you're visiting family nearby, but not close to the beaches. It's about a 30 minute drive down Miramar Pkwy heading east all the way to the beach.
The rooms are big, with a kitchenette and amenities for a longer stay. The rooms were clean and the staff polite.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

The room I stayed was very clean. It's as if you were the first person to to stay in the room. Everything about the hotel is accommodating. The location is excellent, close to the shopping malls and the beaches. The value was excellent. We got it through price line.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I booked this hotel as it honor our company's corporate rate and it is closed to our headquarter. The hotel is nice and clean. My King size bedroom is big with fully equipped kitchen. The front desk staff is friendly, check in & out is efficient. Publix is 2 minutes driving distance. The working area is nice and fast internet wifi speed. For one or two night stay, I recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sylui_2000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines

Been to Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar? Share your experiences!