“Great value!”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #15 of 138 Restaurants in Miramar
“Great value!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The service and food were excellent! We came back a second time during the week long business trip! A lot of choices and food for a great value. The best part was the ice cream after the meal.

Visited June 2014

Hollywood, Florida
“Did a double-take”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

First off the amount of BBQ for the price is great and free ice cream cones too. The workers are friendly. My first visit was questionable because the meat and buns were cold. I tried the same sandwich a week later during lunch time and the sandwich was good and hot. This restaurant is better than most other bbq restaurants but the sauces are the BEST in Broward. My three year old loved the food and he is another "Mikey".

• Visited June 2014
Penfield, New York
“Wonderfully tasty BBQ”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Tried Dickey's while visiting family. What a treat! The ribs were tender, flavorful, delicious. The smoked turkey was fantastic. The meats don't even need sauce, they have a great flavor all on their own. There is an assortment of sides which were all good. Only thing missing was corn bread. Maybe something they will consider adding in the future.

A nice bonus is the free soft-serve ice cream. Perfect treat after a hearty meal.

The restaurant itself is basic. You walk up to the counter to order your meal and find a place to sit. The staff was friendly and quick. Prices are quite reasonable.

Wish I lived closer. This would definitely be a regular stop for me.

• Visited January 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,348 helpful votes
“Good place for lunch”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

As you walk into Dickey's, the smell is amazing, but the decor, not so much. It feels like a wanna be bbq restaurant that didn't quite know what to do with all the knickknacks.

I came for lunch as I was in this busy shopping plaza where this restaurant is located. I ordered the turkey, which was soft, moist, and exploding with a huge smokey flavor. Definitely recommended!

The brisket on the other hand had a really nice bark, but I found it to be very dry, chewy, and overcooked. The pieces that they gave me were also very fatty. Their sauces contained too much vinegar for my liking, but I know this is North Carolina style and I am not a big fan of their sauces. To me, it didn't do much for the taste.

I didn't try the sides, so I can't comment. I would come back for the turkey though. It was really good.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Cynderella43
“Wow”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

can't believe all the people who think this is a good place.the meat was okay but dryover smoked.if you're in a real crunch and need barbecue you can go here.but not an everyday basis.really expensive for the quality you get as well