“Don't stay here!” 1 of 5 stars

Majestic Sun Condominiums
Foley, Alabama
“Don't stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have stayed all over Destin. The problem with this property is that is is too packed. There are a ton of units. The beach is too small to accommodate all of these units and you are going to be packed like sardines on the sand. The pool is ridiculously small for a condo this size. Also the beach area is a public beach and is shared with other huge condos that surround Majestic Sun. I repeat, you are going to be packed on the beach and in the pool. The staff was rude to me and my wife on more than one occassion. There are absolutely no other amenities on the property. The beach is across the road. I counted 50 people in the small pool and 18 in the two hot tubs. You can't even check in in the unit, but have to check in 2 miles from the unit on the main road. I would recommend staying somewhere else that has a smaller room density. Trust me, you will be sorry if you stay here. We spent almost 1800 for 5 nights and could have flown to curacao for that money.

Room Tip: no tip, except if you do stay here , stay in the off season
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank dalai_lama_of_travel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
PINSON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We had two 2 bedroom units for 12 people (adults). We were disappointed in how small the lanai was for a unit that size. The beach is across the road. Then you must go down a fairly long stairway to the beach area. This is quite a workout if you are carrying much with you.

Room Tip: there are 2 buildings- one faces the gulf, the other has very small lanais that only accomodate 2 pe...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cdubya_12
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Before we left on our trip we were really worried after reading the other comments that others had written on this website. I guess the age old saying is true, a Negative word travels 5 times quicker than a positive one! We rented this condo back before the Oil Spill began threatening the coast but after talking with our rental mangement company, viewing the live cam and being assured we would be ok, we came anyway. The Beach was BEAUTIFUL! The condo was gorgeous and very comfortable! The pools were amazing! While we did have to show our arm band for the pool it was a non-issue. The condo was very convient to restaurants and OUTLET MALL SHOPPING!!! We will come back next year for sure!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
10 Thank banker1975
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed in a one bedroom condo in 2007 for our honeymoon and loved it. We took a family vacation there using a 3 bedroom condo and everyone else loved it, too! The view of the ocean is awesome, and the location is ideal for shopping and restaurants. We WILL be back!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank Jns01atf
madison
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

First of all, the pool personnel were like Nazis attacking people even if they did have their ridiculous arm band on. It was very unrelaxing to watch. I witnessed one staff member literally chase a man out of the gate when he was with his daughter who was wearing her swim pass. RIDICULOUS. I made a complaint to the Female manager who could care less because apparently she hates her job. My second encounter was the noise. Construction was going on every morning at 7:30 AM, but what really did me over was the 3rd encounter. My child left his blanket there, and we didn't realize it until 3 hours out. I called and spoke with one manager, Warren, who was so sweet about it. But when I called back, I spoke with a female, who I won't mention names, that was very RUDE. I understand that there are rules, but when your 5 year old child leaves their blanket that they have had since birth, you would think she could just run up there and get it for me.. NO!! I had to go through pens and needles of phone calls, but luckily we retrieved it. She had no compassion whatsoever and apparently takes no pride in actually being a manager because of the lack of trying to please her guests. She is also very controlling because she would not put the other manager on the phone.. I doubt she will still be there in a year, but if she is I am not going back.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
8 Thank annamccoy
Nashville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

First off, please please please look closely at the pictures of this condo. The official pictures will hardly reveal that the condo is NOT on the beach. It is accross a two-lane road from a very well-used PUBLIC beach. So unless you like CONSTANT car stereos, loud Harleys, and well.....riff-raff people going by yelling at all hours, you should pass on this property.

Next, this facilty is POORLY built. The walls and ceilings are thin. We could hear a pin drop in the condo above us. Everytime these folks opened their balcony door, it sounded like an earthquake in our unit. The units have wood floors, so every movement of a chair on the floor above sounded like a construction zone. There is little sound-deadening between the units, so plan to hear everything around you.

There are a few other oddities at Majestic Sun. Most condos in Destin and Miramar have gas or charcoal grills. Not so the Majestic Sun. In this unit's price range, this should be a given. Check-in occurs offsite at a realty office and the local staff, while friendly, were fairly useless in addressing the problems with the unit we stayed in (water leak from vanity, stove malfunction, non-working lights, intermittently working jacuzzi tub, icemaker problems, no chairs on the balcony!). Pets were not allowed, but somebody had a couple of dogs. It seems there is a double-standard here for owners versus renters and the owners are allowed to bother others with their pets.

With all this negativity stated, I should note that the unit was big and the location (near Silver Sands Outlet Mall) was good. The beach staff was helpful and friendly even if their prices were high. There were several good restaurants nearby and easy access to golf and activities.

This condo is not for middle-agers like us. It's better suited to younger childless couples that like noise and activity.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank scottfmcc
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

this condo was overall MAZING..i met a LOT of new friends while there, although i suggest keeping the pool open longer because that was the only place i could hang out with my new friends @ night and i suggest having like a teen "partyish" type thing because that would be a good way for teens to hang out 2gether

• Liked — sight
  • Disliked — early pool closing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank destinroxs16
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Wyndham Vacation Resorts Majestic Sun
Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin
Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Majestic Sun at Seascape Resort
The Beach House Condominiums

Been to Majestic Sun Condominiums? Share your experiences!