“Great Value, Very Clean, Safe, a short walk from a great private beach.”

Leeward Key Condominiums
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Great for families! A little too much room for just two people. Two pools, one beach side. The best thing about the place was that it was QUIET, at least when we stayed. Would return again tomorrow. A sure bet in Mirimar Beach. If you book online make sure that you understand that this is a condo and that a cleaning fee will be charged when you check in.

Room Tip: Call Resort Quest (now Wyndham) before you book.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Komi_Hassan

Reviewed October 14, 2009

We stayed in condo #803 and had a blast. The rooms were all very clean. All appliances up to date and worked. My husband and I traveled with our 3 kids 10,8, & 5 and my mother. We had plenty of room and it was a very short walk to the beach which was private and never congested. The pool is a big plus for moms it is only 5 feet deep and the deep end so I got to relax by the pool and let the kids play without worry. The condo is close to everything you could possibly need. I would recommend this condo to anyone going to Florida. We had a great time!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Melicakes1
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I've stayed at Leeward Key many many times and always in the corner 2 bedroom units. I have never experienced any weird noises. I've stayed several times in 906 (great owner and lovely condo) and 706 and never had any problems. This is a quiet, calm, relaxing place to stay. It is across a 2 lane road from the beach, but really, this road is very pedestrian friendly! The walk to the beach is nothing and I'm lazy so trust me it's nothing to worry about!! Parking, never had one problem. If you want party city, don't stay here.

Kenny D's next door is always good for oysters. Capt Daves ( I think that's the name) just across the street is a really good place to eat. Not at all fancy inside (in fact they really could use a good spruce up). But the seafood....excellent. Our waiter, superior! Not cheap but not crazy expensive either.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Miss_Toe
Reviewed April 23, 2009

We had a wonderful time! Leeward Key is a beautiful place with wonderful spacious rooms. We were facing the ocean and the room had all the amenities of home. I would absolutely come back next year and stay at Leeward Key. It is in a great location, great for families. The walks on the beach in the morning are awesome!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank eawilson
Reviewed July 31, 2008

We enjoyed the location, beach access, pools and the view, BUT on our 3rd night, we discovered a KNOWN building flaw that cost us 4 nights' sleep. Our corner unit, #806 had all the extra vistas that go with a corner unit, but the cost of the unobstructed balcony view was a VERY loud humming vibration that kept my whole family up for 4 nights straight.

Apparently, anytime the wind is between 10-20 mph (which is 80% of the time at the beach), the wind causes the metal balcony railing to violently vibrate - into the attached master b-room wall and throughout the duct work. We discovered this on our 3rd and every subsequent night. The building maint. man confirmed that "it's that way most of the time, and the sound can be deafening." He said they've tried everything they can think of to fix it, but nothing has worked.

Anyway, we went to our rental company, Ocean Reef, and they were completely unresponsive - offering us a 5% refund (for our 4 nights of misery). This was after they sent a guy to inspect it, who admitted that he couldn't sleep with that noise either?

My guess is the other (non-corner) units don't experience this issue, but I wouldn't suggest an East corner unit to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ParSeven
Reviewed August 20, 2007

Miramar Beach/Destin FLorida: Resortquest's Leeward Key
Absolutely Gorgeous views and what a great place to stay!!!

This is the first Time my Family and I visit Destin and this is the place to stay!!!.
The Rooms are very comfortable, clean and they have a great View of the Beach.
Staff is friendly and you are close to shops and restaurants.
We will be back and will recommend to all our friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 21, 2005

My famiy and I have enjoyed this resort for the past 4 years. The rooms are very spacious, nicely decorated and clean. The resort has 2 pools which are both very nice. The pool on the beach is why we keep going back! It is great to be able to lay at the pool and still have the feeling that you are laying on the beach. The resort sets up 2 chairs and an umbrella for you each day and you also receive 2 free movie rentals each day. There are also dolphins that swim by almost every morning. It is a wonderful place to vacation with your family. We have looked at many resorts in the Destin area and keep going back to this one because it is just so great!

• Stayed: July 2004