“AA- Awesome Atmosphere”

Bokamper's Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 138 Restaurants in Miramar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have over 55 plasma HD T.V.'S along with 2 of South Florida's largest HD T.V.'S. We play every sport, every game, every event. Stop by for lunch, dinner or just a drink and meet Kim Bokamper and the entire Staff at Bokamper's Sports Bar and Grill. Bokamper's is your home for all your favorite sports. Boxing, UFC, Basketball, Soccer, Hockey, Baseball ,Special Events and much more!Bring the kids to enjoy Bo's Game Room.Daily Drink specials, Private Parties, and Catering available.
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Many menu selections. 4th visit, food is very average.
Soup and wings were the best selections I've tried.
Staff is Very Friendly
Overall-Best Spot in area for food, sports entertainment and fun

1  Thank D M
There are newer reviews for Bokamper's Sports Bar & Grill

Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is truly a beautiful Sports Bar, one of the best interiors of a sports bar I ever seen. So many TV screens, so if you are into sports, this is a good place for you. It was packed for Miami Heat NBA finals, lots of people and loud cheering. Good atmosphere!
Food is typical sports bar, chicken wings, sandwiches... they had fajitas on special.
My only complain would be on the pricing of the drinks. I found it too high, my estimate is that it is 25-40 percent higher than in similar places nearby. Girls and guys working there provide fine service though.

1  Thank InterMMiami
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Third time here and food isn't good.. Over cooked ..asked for certain items and they didn't deliver..not surprised .. Don't think I would eat here again

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had been to this Bokamper's location a couple of times before to watch European Champions League soccer games with friends. On each occasion, my experience was good. The place itself is nice, and the big attraction is obviously the plentitude of HD TVs showing just about every sporting event possible.

On this occasion, I called ahead to make sure they would be showing the soccer game I wanted to watch. Though the girl on the phone did not know if the game would be on, she assured me that they did have the channel broadcasting it, ESPN Deportes.

When I arrived, I asked the waitress if she could please put ESPN Deportes on the TV near the table; it was showing women's college softball. After about thirty minutes, and about half way through my lunch, my friend and I were still watching the softball game. I asked to speak to the manager. When he, Jason C., came by the table, I asked if he could please put on ESPN Deportes, and that I had requested this about 30 minutes prior with no avail. Fifteen more minutes passed, and we were now finished with our lunch. Yet still, we were watching softball. We asked the waitress once again if she could please tell the manager to change the channel to the one we had been requesting. Then it got interesting.

Jason came to the table to reprimand us for being a nuisance. He told us,"Listen, we are trying to accommodate you!" At this point we had been waiting about 50 minutes to simply have a channel changed. My friend was not about to be spoken to like this by this manager. A heated argument ensued during which Jason, the manager, was louder and more aggressive than either my friend or I. And, it culminated with Jason sticking his finger in my friend's face and telling him, "I'm not talking to you anymore!" I asked this manager, Jason, for his name, which I did not have at that moment, and he refused. He said he did not have to give me his name.

At this junction, I attempted to calm things down a bit and talk to this manager to explain our exacerbation with this situation. It went nowhere, as Jason made excuses and then proceeded to inform both my friend and me that he had been in the hospitality business for over 20 years and that he did not have to deal with this nonsense. Wow! Twenty plus years in hospitality and this is how he behaves? He certainly has not learned much in that time it seems.

Anyway, eventually, he did bring me a business card with his name, hand-written on the back. Never did Jason apologize for his behavior or the lack of service provided by his staff. We did get the game on almost an hour after our initial request and long after our meals were consumed. I guess that's good.

I can honestly say that my friend and I will never return to Bokamper's again. There are just too many other alternatives as far as sports bars go. It's a shame because I was a huge Killer B's fan, and I would have loved to have made Kim's place the place where I go with my friends to get together, watch the game, have some wings and beer, and have some fun. I guess that will have to be someplace else; Jason made sure of that. Miller’s Ale House Miami Lakes maybe?

10  Thank Flaneur1969
Reviewed May 19, 2012

My husband and I were in Florida for vacation last weekend and we choose Bokampers because it sat on a nice lake which we were able to sit next to while eating. We'd never heard of it, in fact until I went to write this review I didn't even know there were multiple locations. It really surprised me to see the negative reviews at first but after reading some of them, I realize where the disconnect might be and know why I probably liked it more. I am from NY and this type of place was EXACTLY the kind of sports bar we love. Tons of tv;s, personable wait staff (yes, they're half dressed girls but they look the part and I'm sure it drives sales. That's good business. I'm a woman and I wasn't offended in the slightest.) The outside was awesome - a lounge area, huge bar, lots of tables and space for mingling on a weekend. We ordered the lunch specials and an appetizer of the chicken quesadillas. They were fantastic - tons of flavor, huge chunks of chicken. Probably one of the best bar food quesadillas I've had. My lunch (the chicken scampi) was a full dinner portion as it turned out. Not as great as the appetizer but it was still good and better than I'd have expected from a sports bar. My husband got the pulled pork sandwich which had a really great sauce to it.
My husband and I are going to be moving down here in a few months and we're looking forward to spending a lot of time here on the weekends watching games. (Even better after we were told there's a lot of NY transplants down there watching the games. Can't wait for football!)

If you're looking for a family friendly Applebee's type place than yes, this isn't going to be your kind of deal but if you're looking for a huge awesome sports bar (think the defunct ESPNZone...) with a great vibe, this place is perfect!

2  Thank guenie27