“never at Mezican food like this”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Tulum Mexican Grill & Bar - CLOSED

Tulum Mexican Grill & Bar
Cuisines: Mexican
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“never at Mezican food like this”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

must have been 'el strip mall' regional cuisine

drinks seemed to be non-alcoholic

service was slow

nothing good to report

• Visited December 2011

Miami, Florida
“Loud Restaurant with good experience”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

This is now called TULUM. Tripadvisor should get with the program.

This restaurant wants to be half bar and half restaurant; and it achieves both with some difficulty.

As we entered, we was immediately bothered by the very loud music, since I had my young son with me; too loud for a restaurant. However, upon seeing the Children's Menu, I felt that this might be an okay place to for a family. And we were right.

Service: Let me first say that even though the staff was friendly enough, they NEED MORE waiters. Yes, I do understand that the waiters make their money on tips and all that and the more waiters the less tip on average… But restaurants do need to understand that it’s about the CUSTOMER’S EXPERIENCE, not advocacy for the waiters’ union. There was an UNEXCEPTABLE amount of wait time between courses.
What irks me is that common sense has been skipped from training.

The Bus Boy kept talking to us in Spanish. Not all dark haired people are Spanish. And if you can’t speak English, then don’t be in a service industry in America. And Bus Boy’s should not be interacting with the diners, that’s the Waiter’s job… but oh yeah, not enough help.

Food: The food was actually good with nice portions.

Atmosphere: the ambience was loud but fun. There were people dancing in the aisles… how refreshing is to see that! However, like any good club, the management might want to provide an area where the music is not so loud, to give the customer the choice of how to experience the restaurant.

Price: The restaurant offers good value for the price. Expect to pay $20 per head.
In the end, this definitely lacks sophistication, but I did feel comfortable there with my family and enjoyed the evening.

• Visited August 2011