“Poor manager assistance” 2 of 5 stars

Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
“Poor manager assistance”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I usually stay at the hotel in Miramar, but this week I sent my clothes for dry cleaning and laundry, despite what is offered (same day service) my clothes arrived the same day in a bag machine washed but not ironed. I claimed for the proper service and 24 hours later they returned my clothes properly done. I left a message to the manager for this unacceptable service and never came by to me with an explanation or apologies for a bad service.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
craig p, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking some time out of your busy day to write a TripAdvisor review. I understand your frustration in regards to dry cleaning issue and I will definetely address this with my managers to enusre that all of our guests' dry cleaning clothes come back in a timely and professional manner.

You have been a loyal Wingate by Wyndham Miramar guest and I appreciate your patronage. On your next trip to Wingate by Wyndham, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will make sure you stay will be a great one.

Once again my sincere appology and we will see you back at Wingate by Wyndham Miramar.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We visited the hotel for a week and the place is located in a centric location close to I 75. The hotel personal is very friendly specially Manny at the counter, he was very helpful to us including our friends. Breakfast is complementary but I think I should have more variety of items since we stayed for a week a repetition was constant. Other than that this is a very good place to stay and feel like home. Thanks to all and specially to Manny.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
craig p, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review of Wingate by Wyndham in Miramar! I am extremely happy to read that you had such a great week of stay at our hotel.

I will most certainly read your review to our staff and make sure Manny is reconigized for his great customer service. I am very proud of our staff, especially Manny.

Once again thank you so much for your wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you back at Wingate by Wyndham in Miramar.
Merritt Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here after our cruise. Sons wanted to University of Miami play and this hotel was like 6 miles to the stadium. It was along the expressway but in a quiet area with other hotel. Beds were amazing. Staff was excellent (except one lady) Our sons had a double room and we had a king. We were all the way at the end of a hall and the room next door to them was being cleaned. Although the maid was Cuban and spoke very little English, she let us know the room was cleaned if we wanted to move. She took us downstairs to the front desk and a young lady down there acted like it was too much trouble so we kept our room. The maid was having none of that she got the mgr and they came to find us and moved us. Nice place, needs a little caulk and such but most Florida hotels do. Would stay again. Quiet and breakfast included.

Room Tip: We always stay on a higher floor as noise seems less with people under you instead of jumping and ru...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review. I really appreciate your honest assessment of our hotel.

I am thankful for your kind review and I am also pleased to see some of our hotel photos that you've posted. I am glad you had a nice stay with us at Wingate by Wyndham Miramar and your comments will definetly be addressed with our staff.

Once again thank so much for your great review and we look forward to seeing you back at Wingate by Wyndham Miramar on your next trip.
Nebraska City, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Hotel is placed in a great location with really affordable prices and the Guest Service is awesome. We had meet Manny at the desk upon arrival, the guy was more than helpful to all of us trying to accommodate every single family member, he take in consideration everything, the elevator, the side of the building and how close we can be from each others. The room was very clean but the A/C was a little noise; other than that we will be back for sure. Thanks all for everything.
Family Marrs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank marciamarrs
craig p, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind words. We at Wingate by Wyndham value all comments whether it be a negative or positive.

I am delighted that you and your family members enjoyed your stay with us and I will definitely thank Manny for his outstanding customer service and I am sure he will appreciate your comments as we all do. The AC issue will also be addressed with my maintenance staff.

Once again thank you very much for your review and we look forward to your next stay at Wingate by Wyndham Miramar.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar? Share your experiences!