“Excellent stay for Miama and Fort Lauderdale - great value”

Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham, Miramar on a three day short break in Florida in May 2011. Having stayed at numerous Wingate by Wyndham hotels across the US, I was confident when booking this brand - I was not disappointed!

The staff were very friendly and offered excellent assistance at all times. Like all Wingate by Wyndham Hotels I have stayed in, this hotel in Miramar was stylish in design and clean throughout. My room was a double room with a king sized bed - bed, duvet and pillows were very comfortable and a slept well throughout my stay here.

The complimentary breakfast comprised of a warm option (microwave egg and sausage) and a whole range of cereals, bagels, muffins etc. Very tasty and set me up for the day!

Net Promoter Question: Would I recommend this hotel to a family member of friend? Answer: Yes, most definitely!

Room Tip: If you need a quiet room, make sure to ask when you book (wasnt an issue for me, but I heard the sid...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar

Reviewed March 9, 2012

I was slated to attend a birthday soiree in the Miami Lakes area and needed a hotel nearby. Had I been travelling solo, I would not have picked this hotel becuase Wyndam is not a brand I am familiar with. However, the party I was travelling with chose this hotel and I went along with it.
Getting to the hotel is a little complicated as there are several twists and turns. It can be seen from the highway but takes a little practice making it to the front door. The building and surroundings were clean and well kept and the lobby area appeared to be the same as well. The concession area was well stocked and offered varied choices.
Our rooms were comfortable and the bathrooms were clean, I was quite impressed with the channel selections and the free wi-fi was a welcome comfort.
I partook of the complimentary breakfast on my last morning and for free food, it was adequate. There was yoghurt, fresh fruit - oranges and grapefruit, waffle batter and a waffle maker, cereal, pastries, oatmeal, eggs, bacon and bread among others. There was a juice machine that provided orange juice and another juice cocktail. And of course coffee and hot tea.
On my last nght, returning from The Crab House, I stopped at the concession area to grab something to drink. My friend and I took our selections to the front desk to pay and encountered the guest relations staff member engrossed in a phone being held by the security guard. Expecting him to immediately stop what he was doing and attend to us, we were quite surprised when he made no move towards us. To his credit, we could see that the security guard was trying to covertly get him to attend to us but even that did not work. When he was done about 5 minutes later, Fred - the guest relations staff member's name- then turned to us. Why did we wait so long? I actually thought for a milli second that we were getting punked. Furthermore, I think we were actually stunned into immobility by his disregard for us, the customer and I have to admit, I was very thirsty. Even as he rang up our purchases, it was obvious that he was distracted by whatever was going on with the phone.
I would like to commend that security guard for knowing what was the right thing to do and unfortunately even though I know all Wyndam Hotels may not have the same disregard for customers, I do not think I will be returning.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Miicha04
Reviewed February 25, 2012

This is our third or fourth stay at this property, and we were very pleased to see that the property and amenities have been well taken care of throughout the years. We booked directly through Wyndham's ONLINE reservations, which resulted in an approximately $30 savings over their telephone price. We had other family members coming in for the funeral as well, who ended up booking with Hampton Inn and paying $40 to $90 per night more than we did.

Our room, bed and bathroom were immaculately clean. The daily breakfast was very tasty and ample, despite it being a sold-out weekend. Staff were friendly and accommodating. The only negative we experienced, but which really is owing to the fact that after driving over 11 hours we were hoping to check-in earlier, was that when we arrived at 2 pm and asked if we could check-in and go to our room we were told that the room was not yet ready, and reminded that check-in is at 3 p.m. They did, however, call housekeeping and immediately cleaned the room allowing us to check-in and enter the room at exactly 3 p.m., which is the stated check-in time.

Overall, we were extremely pleased with our 3 night/4 day stay, and plan to book this hotel, again, when we next visit the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Before booking online, make sure you understand the exact location: it's at the intersection of I-75 and Miramar Parkway(Florida-858) several miles west of where most maps indicate "Miramar". It's about 15 miles to the beaches in North Miami Beach. Given that Miami is so spread out, we found this location to be great--making every destination (Coral Gables, downtown Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Miami Zoo, the beaches), equally accessible (and thus equally inaccessible!) via the maze of freeways and tollroads. Really, no matter where you stay you'll have to drive a lot if you want to see the usual sights in the area. Hotel was good, staff was great--even let us keep some frozen food in the full-size refrigerator in their break room. My only complaint was that the room's AC unit had two noise levels: off and loud. There was no "fan on" setting to keep the sound constant all night. Thus we woke up each time the unit cycled on again. Other than that, this was a good stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TheManFromN
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel several times, and every time I have, some kind of problem happened.
No water for 12 hours, no energy, the toilet flush that does not stop... Just to name a few.
And when you have a problem, you can see if the staff is good or not.
And I think they are ok, but could be better.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Renato C
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I have stayed there just before Christmas. The rooms are huge and comfortable, great bathrooms, breakfast was included with our rate and it was great everyday, the beds are great!,
I would stay here without hesitation!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel for three nights.Though it was clean, breakfast was average fare the rooms were dated and could use fresh paint, room had a small hole in the wall, hot water lever for the sink was broken, and the air conditioner made the carpet wet.Our second night some knucklehead decided to pull the fire alarm at 130 in the morning. The Fire Department never came to check the building (Fire Department at the end of the road). All the staff did was say someone pulled the alarm, never said to stay put, get out - jsut sat behind the counter. Once the alarm was turned off about 100 guests just all walked back to our rooms. no one told us it was safe to go back in, nor was the building cleared by the FD.. The side entrance to the building has a broken card reader and left unlocked, anyone off the street could walk right into the hotel (remote business park, unlikely anyone would). The gate for the pool lock does not work (clear access for small child to get in). Smoking area w/benches and ashtrays are within inches of the front entrance - all three I believe are violations in florida. after putting more thought into it i started to question our safety. doubt we would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar? Share your experiences!