WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar

Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Manchester
“Pretty good.. some small gripes..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Overall, I was pretty happy here for an overnighter.. Staff were helpful and friendly.. Breakfast was nice with a good variety and, well, I'd say that if you know the Garden Inn brand then you'll know what you're going to get with this hotel..

The location was easy enough to find and pretty close to the freeway. It;s also close enough to MIA to make it a proposition as an overnighter if flying to/from there.. if you have a car, that is.. Beats paying airport rates, right.?

Downsides.. not many.. I thought the decor was a little glum, and could do with a bit of a freshen up (but then I find this with other Garden Inn's).. Also, the hotel was pretty busy and with only 2 elevators, you could wait in line, so to speak..

Not too much to gripe about, on the whole..

Probably a 3 and a half.. but not a 4..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mmili808, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Hello,

We're so happy to have served you-even for a quick overnight. Thanks for the great compliments and suggestions. We're always looking for new opportunities to meet and exceed our guests' needs and enhancements to our decor is certainly one of them. We'll be sure to keep your comments in mind and hope you'll think of us again when traveling to the U.S.

Mychal Milian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

OK - my data is not in any Hilton system - so my preferences are not known. But I can't understand that a woman travelling alone is put in a ground floor room, right next to the door leading outside to the parking lot in the back.
I checked in later in the evening (had a standing reservation) and was given room 100 - which is located on the ground floor with cars parking outside the window- and the door leading outside right next to the room - and a very loud AC right on the outside wall (which led to a loud vibrating sound).
I called reception and after hearing that I'd checked in late, got the last room and the hotel was booked out - I suggested to move to Marriot (across the street). I was then given a new room on the 4th floor (which was still available ?!).
Location was good for my business purpose. Breakfast was 'simple' with not attentative service. Next time I'll try Marriot across the street.

Room Tip: not room 100 (probably also not 200 ... because of AC noise?)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
mmili808, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Hello,

I'm sorry that you were not satisfied with your original room assignment and I'm glad we were able to accommodate a room change for you. I'm sorry to hear there was a misunderstanding about room availability and are looking into this with our front office team. I do want to assure you that the health and safety of all our guests is taken very seriously and do have security on hand to ensure guest comfort. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope you will reconsider giving us another chance to serve you.

Kind regards,

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very nice facilities and friendly staff. The organization that booked my room requested the wrong date and the representative find accommodations for me to stay. I would definitely stay at this location again. Not too far from a large shopping area which was great for my needs. The breakfast was provided at a good price and the wait staff were nice and professional. Short visit, great stay!

Room Tip: I had to take the room available on the 4th floor which was excellent! no problems at all.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mmili808, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm happy to hear one of our front desk agents was able to assist you with your accomodations.

You're comments about breakfast wil be forwarded to our Executive Chef.

Hope to see you soon!

Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Could not believe what a great find this place was. The front desk staff was great and so pleasant. The room was great also, very spacious, clean and comfortable. Loved the lobby area. Was beautiful to just sit there and relax. Would highly recommend this location to anyone traveling either alone or with children.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us.

Usually people like to point out the negative, which makes this positive response so much more enjoyable.

We are glad you had a great stay and hope to see you soon!

Director of Front Office
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Excellent staff & service. Rooms are clean & well maintained. It's not opulent, but it didn't feel like a budget property either. Free wi-fi is always nice -- I hate when hotels nickle & dime you to death.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Peter A
mmili808, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for your review.

We here at the Hilton Garden Inn are always looking for way to make our guests stay pleasurable and I'm very happy we were able to satisfy you.

See you soon!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We Had a very good stay here, the hotel was sold out but we had a great room, they got us extra pillows that we requested put roses in our room that I dropt off the day before as requested and the hotel staff was very helpfull and nice specially Manager Mr M. Millian. I would recomend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: use hilton honors res can get same deals as with other sites
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for your review on your stay.

I am very glad we were able to assist in any way to make your Valentines Day even more special.

We hope to see you soon!

Port Charlotte, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Overall it was a nice place to stay. They were remodeling when we stayed there. Which it did need it's an older Hilton. They upgraded our room to a suite for the same price ...which was an A plus. The suite didn't smell good we had the maid service spray it with some febreze to help with the odor. We were also given a complimentary breakfast bar pass which was very nice.
Which was good because I wouldn't have paid $10.00 a person for the breakfast bar. They did have a lot of food. We aren't big breakfast eaters so to spend $10.00 on a bowl of cereal or oatmeal & a cup of coffee is quite a lot. Easy access off of Rt 75 and lots of place to eat and
shop around the hotel. Tons of traffic thought holy mackeral I thought I was back up north with all the traffic over there. I would recommend this place - my suggestion would be go over there in the summer months when the snowbirds are gone and it's not as busy over there and the remodeling is done in the hotel. Great pool area!!!!

Room Tip: I would get a room closer to the pool area for easy access.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay.

I would like to sincerely apologize about your condition and housekeeping is aware of your incident.

We hope to see you soon, hopefully this summer!

Mychal Milian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar? Share your experiences!