“Consider the safer Marriott across the street!!!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Where to begin.. My experience at this hotel has taught me to never book another hotel stay online again without first calling the hotel and making sure they have, like most decent and reputable hotels now a days, cameras in the hallways, stairs, and outside surrounding the hotel to ensure the safety of their patrons. After being robbed, losing all of my valuable possessions and nearly my life, I learned after talking to the police that there
was no way I would recover my possessions or see the case resolves because the hotel lacked proper security measures such as cameras in the hallways, stairways and even outside the hotel. Staying here and dealing with the staff after was a nightmare. After my stay, I was harrassed by staff in their attempt to convince me that there is no security issue at the hotel and that they have no liability in what transpired. I am going to demand my money back and possibly take legal actions against the owners for their negligence. Besides the traumatic experience, their restaurant and bar are overpriced and the whole experience was not worth the $150 nightly rate they charge. I'd try the Marriott across the street, they have cameras everywhere.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank EdGuru
Rebecca M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear EdGuru,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking a moment to provide feedback to the TripAdvisor community. We are so sorry that you were robbed while staying in Miramar. We do feel it is important to set the record straight on some pertinent details regarding this incident. As you shared with the police, the robber was a stranger that you met on Craigslist and invited into your room. Additionally, the robbery did not occur in a direct confrontation with the robber, but instead, your invited guest took your belongings while you were in the shower. To address the security of the hotel, we take our guests’ security extremely seriously as we want to ensure a safe and comfortable stay. We do have the industry standard coverage of monitoring cameras and the majority of other hotels do not have more camera coverage than we do.
Again, we are truly sorry that this incident occured, but felt it was important to fill in with some of the other facts of what transpired.

Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have stayed here twice in the past 6 months. It's simple and clean. As always the free wifi is a big bonus (at least or me). I like the they have coin laundry machines for guests to use. If you have a car it's a great place to stay. Very close to a major highway. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel and rooms are ok, but it is ridiculous that they put a room right next to the party hall. There was a conference until midnight and then a concert that woke me up around 7 AM the next morning. It is completely unacceptable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
mmili808, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns. I apologize for the troubles you encountered through your stay with us. It is unfortunate that these incidents occurred during your stay, however your comments and concerns allows us to pinpoint and address the individual involved to help better our service and image of our brand and hotel.

I wanted to personally apologize about the noise incident and would love to speak more about it.

Please feel free to reach me at 954-438-7700 or at my email, mychal.milian@hilton.com

Once again, we look forward to seeing you again and thank you for choosing us for your hotel needs.

Mychal Milian
Director of Front Office

Reviewed November 12, 2012

It's probably my fourth time at this hotel and not much to complain. It's simple, clean and inviting. My room was nice and very clean. Even in the morning when I woke up I could still smell the carpet freshner. Breakfast is pretty good and a very moderate price for a buffet style breakfast. The only flow is having a very grouchy and slow cook in the kitchen. He didn't seem eager to assist the guests. Receptionist could be friendlier but are ok.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DoctorEd711
mmili808, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for your review!

On behalf of our property, I wanted to apologize about your encounter with our breakfast cook.. Your review has been forwarded to our Executive Chef and it will definitely be addressed.

As far as the receptionist, I wanted to apologize because being the staff at the front desk is a direct reflection of myself and by no means would like anyone to think we are not our friendliest.

We hope to have you back soon, and once again, thank you.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

When we arrived to Fort Lauderdale airport after midnight due to a flight delai, we realized that we made a mistake in booking, we called the hotel and we tried to explain to Cara that we need the room for the same night and not for the following day. She stated that they have rooms available but there is nothing she can do because the reservation was made thru a third party (Hotwire) and that if we want to get a room we have to pay for it again.
For over 20 minutes we were trying to convince her that it was a honest mistake, and we just need somewhere to sleep for the next few hours.
She called her manager M Melon who showed no interest in assisting a long time loyal customer and Hilton HHonors member, refused to speak to us on the phone and just rejected our request,
Mr Melon (I hope I spell his name correctly) was indifferent and didn't show no consideration to my longterm loyality to the brand; he failed to use better insight to assist a family with kids in the middle of the night, he failed to understand what HOSPITALITY is all about.
I believe that the front desk staff and managers completely reflect the hotel and corporate management competency; and based on this experience, I sincerely believe that Hilton local and corporate management are COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT and if I could give this hotel 0 stars, I definitly would.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Viaggiatore16
mmili808, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

We are deeply sorry for the experience you had reserving the hotel through Hotwire and apologize for your troubles due to the flight delay.

I am so sorry that this was not explained better while you were here. Your reservation came to us through hotwire.com which, as you know, is a discounted website for hotel rooms. The trade-off with booking through this channel is that there is no flexibility in your ability to modify the reservation. Unfortunately, your reservation was made for an arrival date of Sunday 11/4/2012 and checking out on Monday, 11/5/2012. It was understood that when you spoke with Tara, you wanted to check in on the Saturday night instead and stay for 2 nights. As I explained, we would have been happy to assist you with making an additional reservation at a discounted rate for the Saturday night, however; we were unable to honor your request to add an additional night to your current reservation at no charge. I apologize if this was misunderstood in anyway. We typically would honor an early check in for a reservation for a same day arrival anywhere from 10am in the morning however; the night before we were not able to honor your request the reason for this being that it was thirteen hours before check in time (Check in is at 3pm).

Once again, I am sorry for any miscommunication and I hope that it does not hinder your decision on your next visit to Ft. Lauderdale / Miramar area.

Please feel free to contact me at Mychal.milian@hilton.com if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed at this for two days and ran into a couple of issues. When I first got to me room and turned on the TV the basic channels ABC, NBC, CBS, etc) did not work on my TV. I called down tot eh front desk and immediately they sent an engineer up, which I was impressed with. The engineer restarted the TV a couple of times, but could not get it fixed. I was moved to another room which had the same issue, but I didn't bother letting the front desk know and just stayed in the room.

The shower head leaked and it shows that this issue was going on for a while because the ceiling above the shower head was chipped and flaking from the water being sprayed on the ceiling. (See attached pics)

On my last day in the hotel the fire alarm went off at 5 am. When i got downstairs I heard from other patrons that this issue has occurred in each of the two previous weeks. Apparently someone has been smoking with their door open or smoking at one of the exit doors. This issue needs to be addressed by management.

The front desk staff was very helpful, the the breakfast staff did a great job as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel before, but hadn't tried the room service. We decided to just stay in the first night of the trip, as my co-worker had driven over 6 hours and I was exhausted as well. I ordered the grilled chicken with vegetable over pasta and a caesar salad. Althought they said it would take about 40 minutes, the food was up in 20. The temp of the food was perfect. The salad was delicious and the grilled chicken was excellent. It was a nice sized portion, the temp was perfect and the food was absolutely delicious. I felt like i was eating in a high-class resident. The Hilton also has other nice touches like fresh baked cookies, tea and lemonade in the lobby at the end of the day, in addition to the free coffee in the lobby in the a.m. All these nice touches, as well as great service, friendly people at the front desk and reasonable prices make the Hilton a great place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
mmili808, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for your great review!

We are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed our room service. Your review will definitely be passed on to our Food and Beverage team.

Hope to see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines
Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar? Share your experiences!