“I had a really great time!!!”
Review of Elle's Global Food & Drink - CLOSED

Elle's Global Food & Drink
Cuisines: International, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Flamingo Road
Description: Elle's Global Food & Drink features the world's best cuisines and cocktails, reflected through the prism of South Florida. Regional America, Asia, the Caribbean, South America, and Europe all come to the table at Elle's, spiced with a distinctly new American vibe.The casually chic dining rooms are ideal for date nights or family meals, intimate dinners or office parties. Seating for over 100 is available indoors plus seating in a breezy outdoor patio.The White Bar at Elle's is a conversation piece, and a place for great conversation. The distinctive lit-from-within white onyx bar features signature chef-crafted cocktails made with only premium liquors. Craft brews and small-production wines are featured as well.
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I went to this restaurant and had an excellent! The service was very good and attentive. The food is the best part, I had the black bean surf and turf burrito. It's different from any other burrito because it had this amazing black bean risotto in it and everything is perfectly seasoned. My husband had the seafood risotto which was also perfectly seasoned and none of the seafood was overcooked. All in all this place is great for date night!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Had the second lunch here in the past couple months. $10 for a lunch with tax drink and gratuity. I had the mole tacos grilled soft corn tortillas, the sides were fresh , flavorful food and it has a great atmosphere. I have also had the brunch which was a prix fi type menu. I will be going for the happy hour next. If you haven't been you need to go.
This dynamic duo of female owners started out as a upscale cafe/bistro down the road. The food was great then and now they have really raised the bar in Miramar.

Damian D, Owner at Elle's Global Food & Drink, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Glad you enjoyed our Perfect 10 lunch special. Hope to see you soon for dinner, and when you do, please say hello as I work every dinner shift and like meeting our new customers.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We we ate here last night. The service was awful. Not only did the food take 2 hours to come out, the waitress took it upon herself to change the order. Even after we asked to speak to a manager, were ignored. There is no way this place will last.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Being born and raised in Miramar, I was quite surprised to discover Miramar had a trendy clean lounge-like place. I went here for the first time on Friday Dec 14 during lunch time. I was impressed with their menu. I do think they need to reduce their menu a bit, but everything did look quite good on there. It has a lot of European influence, and it reminded me of American Bistro.

Being a designer myself, I was able to appreciate the modern and sleek decour inside.

This restuarant seemed to have all the elements for success except for one thing -SERVICE! It took a while for the waitress to come for our orders. We ordered Spanish Tapas for an appetizer for the whole table as well entrees. The appetizers came AFTER our entrees! Service was so slow even when we were the only ones in the restaurant eating!!!! There should be no excuse for that mistake. The waitress blamed it on the cooks but it was also her fault for not being proactive about it. My suggestion: The owner needs to take all their employees to a good restaurant and learn what real service is like. All the people working there are highly inexperienced. I will say that it may not their fault for being inexperienced because they just need appropriate training, that or the owner should hire qualified staff.

Damian D, Owner at Elle's Global Food & Drink, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Seems as though your 4:00pm lunch caught us between lunch and dinner shifts -- and caught us with our pants down.

Apologies that your appetizer order arrived late. Servers do make mistakes but it is unacceptable to blame it on the kitchen. It was the server's mistake and she should have owned up to it.

Though your server was new to the restaurant, she is experienced, and should know better. She has been corrected and reprimanded.

Note that my staff averages over 5 years experience in hospitality which is quite a bit in this field. I certainly wouldn't characterize them as inexperienced.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We came ready to either love or loathe this place. There have been a number of small restaurants to go to Miramar and not make it. How nice to find that this is a place to love.
We came in on a Monday night--a night that does not often show up for small restaurants. For starters, we had the Mongolian lamb chop appetizer and even a confirmed non-lamb eater loved these small almost-lollipop-sized chops. Truthfully, if you want to make a meal off the starters, they all appear to be tapa-sized portions and there are enough choices for almost any taste.
After the appetizer, we got: seafood risotto (oh MAN! it was good),tenderloin tacos (perfectly cooked), and a Sonoma flatbread (cheesy and fresh).
Unlike another reviewer, we had excellent service. We all had something to take home for another meal because the portions were just slightly more than enough for a meal.

Damian D, Owner at Elle's Global Food & Drink, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for the very generous review. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal and hopefully the live music as well -- the lamb chops are one of my favorites!