“Elegant place for a wonderful lunch!”
Review of Elle's Global Food & Drink - CLOSED

Elle's Global Food & Drink
Cuisines: International, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Flamingo Road
Description: Elle's Global Food & Drink features the world's best cuisines and cocktails, reflected through the prism of South Florida. Regional America, Asia, the Caribbean, South America, and Europe all come to the table at Elle's, spiced with a distinctly new American vibe.The casually chic dining rooms are ideal for date nights or family meals, intimate dinners or office parties. Seating for over 100 is available indoors plus seating in a breezy outdoor patio.The White Bar at Elle's is a conversation piece, and a place for great conversation. The distinctive lit-from-within white onyx bar features signature chef-crafted cocktails made with only premium liquors. Craft brews and small-production wines are featured as well.
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was visiting from Atlanta and my mother recommended this place. The lunch menu is a bargain: 10 dollars for drink , entree and tax and tip included. The decor was sleek and modern. The service was very professional and attentive. My mother had a tasty-looking full sandwich and salad combo. I had grilled chicken: a huge portion for lunch with grilled veggies. Bring your receipt and get a free drink during happy hour. This place seems very upscale for the price: treat a friend for lunch and enjoy the food and fine dining atmosphere. There are comfy sofas for cocktail hour and an adjoining bar area.

Damian D, Owner at Elle's Global Food & Drink, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Glad you enjoyed our "Perfect 10" lunch special, it has become very popular. It's our way of helping get people away from their desks (and leftovers or frozen food) even during these difficult economic times. Hope to see you next time you're in town.

There are newer reviews for Elle's Global Food & Drink

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Enjoyed the ambiance and enjoyed the food here. Well prepared and presented. I forgot the name of the sliders I had (beef with some type of sausage) and it was delicious. Service is great. Nice little addition to the neighborhood. We need more of these types of places in this area.

Damian D, Owner at Elle's Global Food & Drink, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Very glad you enjoyed your meal and the experience. We are at heart a neighborhood spot first so I'm doubly glad you saw it that way.

BTW, the sliders were our chef's creation of "frita" sliders: a Cuban traditional hamburger which is made with the addition of Spanish chorizo. They are very popular!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I took my Husband to Elle’s for his birthday celebration. We were seated with no problem. Elle’s menu consists of unique and interesting selection of foods. The staff were very attentive, the ambiance was very inviting, romantic and clean .The presentation of our dinner was great, however that was not the same for the taste of the food we ordered. Fried snapper with a hot and sour sauce nothing was hot about it and the sour tasted like lemon juice which was all over the rice making it not edible. The fish needed more seasoning least the basis salt and pepper. I order the Salmon Chimichanga with a tomato avocado salad, my dish WAS NOT cooked so I returned to the server. In exchange for the lobster sliders, which was no better it was too chewy as a result very hard to swallow. The server charged me for the salad that came with the uncooked salmon. When I asked why she said that’s how it is (what happened to service recovery!!) Ok, considering SHE made me WAIT for replacing the food that came from their kitchen uncooked. The only good part of the meal was the slaw(crunchy and creamy) that came with the bland and fried too dry chicken wings. The portions and prices were average .Personally not sure if I will be back but I would recommend it.

Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

My apologies for an experience that was definitely not up to our standards. I'm distressed that I was not made aware of the salmon as it is our policy that the manager must be notified when a customer is not happy with food or service. I would typically speak to you directly that night.

It is even more shocking that the server would ask you to pay for anything you weren't satisfied with. That is certainly NOT our standard -- in fact it is exactly opposite of what we do.

I very much want to correct the server and understand why procedures were not followed. I tried looking up your order based on the description of dishes ordered but was unable to find it.

If I can impose on you to send me an email with the date you dined, and if you remember the server's name or have the receipt which will have the server's name on it, that would be a huge help. My email is damian@ellesrestaurant.com

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

My friend and I took our moms and grandmother for mothers day Brunch and had a great experience. It is beautifully decorated inside and we sat in the wine room which was a great back drop. Eddie was our server and he was very warm and welcoming. He is a big fan of the food and even said he use to be a patron and enjoyed the food so much he went to work there. The menu is very creative and just delicious. We had a little bit of everything from the Omelettes and Blintze and French Toast and eggs benedict that had a great twist with a crab cake. We enjoyed the food, service and overall experience. Great Find in Miramar. We will be returning for sure. Its nice to have a local place to come and enjoy a good meal without having to drive to the beach or downtown. Thank you!

Damian D, Owner at Elle's Global Food & Drink, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

I'm very glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day brunch. It's such a busy day that we fret about delivering a great experience in all the craziness. My team and I do look forward to seeing you again.

Damian.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

My first time in this hidden Gem in Kohl's Plaza. Lots of great vegetarian choices, will definitely go again. I had the Beet Risotto and it was excellent. Others in my party had the chicken panini which was very good I hear, the falafal burger looked like a really nice one.. their fries are delicious. Cant wait to go again and check out some of the other things there.

The service was also very good.

Glad you enjoyed our vegetarian options. The chef takes pride in offering interesting veg options beyond just a salad. You should definitely try the falafel burger -- if you can stand the heat because it has a bite to it!