“Family vacation”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was my second time in this hotel. The quality has gone down. I had two problems in my room, the matress was dirty and there were ants close to the window. The front desk staff was not frendly and the restaurant staff works with a bad actitude. Good location, standart gym and good breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
HIManagement84, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

We appreciate your loyalty to us and it's important that we continue to offer a wonderful guest experience each and every time. I regret that we did not meet your expectations or ours during your previous stay. I'm sharing your feedback with our team so that missteps like this do not occur in the future. I've also contacted a local pest control company to rectify the ant issue and can assure you it has been addressed. We hope you give us another chance to offer you the quality service and amenities you deserve.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton because of how close it is to the stadium (we live in Miami). When we checked is we were given a free upgrade because of my boyfriend's Hilton Honors status and the suite they gave us was ENORMOUS. Everything was really clean and the staff was very nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2012

From the moment we checked in things didn't go well. The guy at the front desk was on the phone and talking to people around him the whole time that we tried to check in. We asked for a taxi to be called right away and they were not able to provide one for us.
The next morning we could hear the housekeepers shouting at one another and banging the cart around starting at 9am on a Sunday morning. I called a taxi 25mins in advance only to wait for alomost an hour to go by before someone finally came to pick us up. While we waited there was no coffe, nowhere to sit and wait outside AND the manager on duty was having a loud scarcastic arguement with another dis-satisfied guest.....not good

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jadyn M
HIManagement84, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff and additional training is being offered to improve our customer service. We understand how important our professional demeanor is and I'm truly sorry for any discomfort or disappointment you had. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience what our warm Hamptonality is all about.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I will start with the positives which were a pleasant check in experience with a nice staff and the hotel being quite new with attractive lobby and rooms. Overall the first impressions were very good.
I later encountered two problems. The air conditioner in my room seemed not to be putting out cool air and I reported the problem to the front desk. The person there was not the same who had checked me in and instead of simply saying they would check out the issue, I was instead told that I probably didn't know how to set the thermostat(implying it was my fault) and it took a bit of arguing to get them to send someone to look at the unit which was malfunctioning and was not a result of my not understanding the thermostat.
At breakfast when the hot water container on the buffet counter had only room temperature water in it I pointed this out to the attendant and instead of saying something like "I'll get some hot water" was told "we don't put hot water in there because no one ever wants it" At this, I just started to laugh thinking this was one of the most ridiculous answers I had ever been given.
Hotel is physically very nice as I said, but think it could use a bit of staff training in how to provide good customer service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ronan32
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed one night while visiting family in the area. Staff was friendly and room was very clean. We booked the double queen with a pull-out sofa and the room was huge. My favorite was the complimentary coffee, tea, and hot chocolate bar at the lobby. We don't drink coffee or tea and loved that they added hot chocolate to their selection. The regular beds were very comfortable but the mattress to the pull-out sofa was "springy". It's were our 15 yo son slept, so I didn't worry about it too much. =) The next morning he said he was well rested. The location is off the turnpike. It is a great hotel and I will stay there again when visiting family.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dania321
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Rooms were above average for a Hampton Inn. Good location for people going to a dolphins/hurricanes football game; closest nice hotel to the stadium. Breakfast was below average and the hotel was compleltely unprepared for the morning after the game. They were out of everything! When we complained they said that its because they had a bunch of guests? Wouldn't they expect a bunch of guests if the rooms are booked?

Would have given it a better raiting if i wasn't for the poor breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jams r
HIManagement84, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay. We strive to provide our guests with the best experience. Our signature complimentary breakfast is no exception. We are taking that experience and your feedback into consideration moving forward. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you what our Hamptonality is all about. Warm regards.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The other reviews of this hotel were pretty spot on. We stayed here on a Saturday night to catch the Dolphin game on Sunday. The front desk staff was attentive and friendly. The rooms were clean. Beds comfortable. Our room had a flat screen TV, mini fridge and microwave. The complimentary breakfast was decent, though the crowds of people enjoying it made it somewhat hectic with lines of people waiting for waffles and food running out rather quickly. Go early! The location was great for us. The hotel is only about 10-15 minutes from the stadium as well as 10 minutes or so from all kinds of restaurants and shopping. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Monika L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
Stadium Hotel
Stadium Hotel
#1 of 1 in Miami Gardens
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar? Share your experiences!