“Nice clean hotel, but horrible whiny music in common areas”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice clean hotel, but horrible whiny music in common areas”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

PLUS: Great faciltiy, nice large rooms, good staff, good breakfast.

CONS: They have ambient music speakers on LOUD in both the common areas and in the elevator. Terrible, mushy, whiny music too! Think Boys 2 Men, guy-with-a guitar whining, 90's teenagery, horrible station. At one point they played "A Whole New World" from the disney movie! And loud! Sounded like a Pandora station too-- it played ads after every couple of songs! Innapropriate and too LOUD! How am I supposed to have a serious business meeting with my customer there when there is Boys 2 Men playing on loud, singing about love and "touching your body". Totally inappropriate. The music is on too loud.

The elevator in this hotel is the SLOWEST elevator EVER. I was dying to get out and was just going up to the 4th floor. Maybe it's that the music in there was so loud and obnoxious.

OVERALL: Great facility, great staff, but they need to get rid of the bad loud music in the common areas and it might be worthwile to fix the elevator so that's it's a little faster.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
HIManagement84, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your recent experience with us. We are happy you found our hotel facility to be accommodating, clean and great overall. We will definitely look into our music selection and adjust the volume so this doesn’t inconvenience anyone in the future. If you are ever in the area again, please consider our hotel once more so we can show you how we put our guest feedback into action. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon. Warm regards from Hampton Inn and Suites Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Valrico, Florida
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Loved this hotel. Theirs not much to do around or in the hotel expect swim or work out in the fittness room, but we were their for a wedding which wasn't far from the hotel.
We got the suite because its came with a fridge which we needed and the price of course, their was also a mircowave. the two queen beds n the pull out sofa made it perfect we all were able to sleep comfortable. the room space loved it. didn't use the net but i saw plenty of ways to connect. I am not a breakfast person but since it was free i went and i enjoyed it, they had plenty of seating area inisde or outside. I have to say this is a simple hotel nothing really for kids and my kids loved it and were very comfartable their.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
SW Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2011

everyone at hotel were very friendly and helpful. rooms and beds also very nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed July 25, 2011

A very pleasant stay at the Hampton Inn Miramar, FL. Stayed in a very spacious and comfy king suite room. The refrigerator and microwave in the room came in handy. The rooms and hotel were very clean and the hotel staff friendly and helpful. Nice that it's a newer hotel. Not too much around the hotel in terms of stores, etc., but you just have to get in your car and drive. Not a problem.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
fort lauderdale
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I must commend Management and their team, as I to work in the hospitality industry. I know it is not easy but I was impressed, the décor, the service, and the cleanliness, blew me away. the friendliness, courteousness, and willingness of the staff it just made me want to stay longer. there are a few of their employee's I wish to mention, Lashawanda, she checked us in and helped us book a future stay, has an inviting personality. Yvette, she’s attentive, always addressed me by name, these two ladies are just 2 of their many staff that made our stay. I’m a person who believes in service and that’s what we got while at the resort. I will be back, I will tell others about this property, me and my guest had a great weekend they are still talking about it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dboy242
New Richmond, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I am a regular business traveler with the Hilton brand as my home base. I have stayed at this Hampton a few times now both for work and once with my family joining me after a long work week to begin our vacation in the keys. The property is new with ample parking in a mostly business / office area of Miramar. It is easy to get to from either MIA or FLL airports via the Turnpike. While close to the Turnpike, road noise is not an issue. I find myself in the suites more with upgrades and love the huge rooms. Contrary to other reviews, I found the internet to be quite good and always appreciate when I have both a wireless and an Ethernet option to connect. The breakfast area is of the newer design for seating which is adequate to handle a full property. The fare is the usual Hampton Inn courses. I personally have decided to change my lifestyle to a completely healthy one and found the healthy choices somewhat limited but still OK for me to eat a good breakfast. This is not a flaw with this Hampton but more so with the standards set by the chain. I think most hotels with a free breakfast fall into the side of unhealthy more than healthy so it is not a strike on Hampton alone.

I was at the very end of the hotel near the Turnpike and found the walls a little thin. There was not any road noise that I could tell but there were crews working all night doing destruction of the old manual toll booths. This was not the hotels fault but it did wake me a few times. I only post this to warn those that are light sleepers to request a room away from the ends or elevators as they may be disturbed by ambient sounds.

The fitness area was of use to me but even though I am smaller, I found the treadmills to be very cheap and slipped under me. I ended up having to walk/run outside which was much harder on my joints. I would expect a higher grade treadmill at a public place like a hotel. The rest of the gym was great though having bikes, an elliptical, dumbbells and a fitball to go along with the 4 treadmills.

The extras at this property are found in the patio area. The tables and chairs are great! I could sit in their padded rocking chairs out there all night! The pool is relatively small but clean and warm (at least in June).

Expect to have to drive to dinner as nothing is within walking distance. Within 3-4 miles in 3 directions you can find anything under the sun when it comes to food.

This is near one of our offices and would never hesitate to stay at this property!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
New Palestine, Indiana
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Overall a typical Hampton Inn, very clean, good breakfast, great staff. My room was noisey all night every time the elevator was used, try to stay far away from it. The internet was very slow. Breakfast was good. Room was clean. Staff was friendly, but did not have any good recommendations/directions for dinner in the area. I was surprised to find there were several restaurants just a couple miles away.

Room Tip: Stay clear of the elevators!