“all those bad reviews did some good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Caretta

La Caretta
Ranked #1 of 136 Restaurants in Miramar
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Cuban
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Palm Beach, Florida
“all those bad reviews did some good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I unwilling went back to eat at Caretta. And I ordered the kind of foods I like and came out pretty happy. We only go for lunch and they had vaca frito Puerco which is fried beef pork, which was not bad. I wished that the pork pieces was more tender. The service was ok and the atmosphere is great. I love it there. The moro rice which I guess is frijoles negro mixed with rice. I prefer the Colombia calientado but hey Caretta has improved in leaps and I don't mind going there to eat at least this one in Miramar.

• Visited February 2014

“Sub par for the area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

This a a cuban restaurant in a predominantly cuban area. The food was not good. We had a party of eight. We ordered appetizers. The calimari was awful. Overall none of us really enjoyed the meal. The waitress on the other hand was very friendly and provided good service.

New York City, New York
“Delicious.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

The Caribbean/Creole menu choices are delicious, and priced fairly. The ceviche and the croquette appetizer portions were good, as was the sangria. It's a neighborhood family restaurant with a pleasant atmosphere.

Miami, Florida, USA
“Vaca Frita Thursday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I love La Carreta's vaca frita. They make it on Thursdays and it is delicious. We mainly go to eat their vaca frita. I recommend the vaca frita on Thursdays. The other meals are good as well, but not as good as the vaca frita which is what this review is about.

Delaware, Ohio
“Great variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Our group of four each ordered different dinners and everyone enjoyed the selections. Very good and attentive service but the food was definitely the highlight of the evening. Judging by the crowd it would seem this is a popular place. Nice atmosphere and a comfortable ambiance so we were able to sit and enjoy conversation following dinner. Oh, and the bread pudding made for an excellent dessert!

• Visited January 2014