“Skip all those chains for some real food ”
Review of Jack's BBQ

Jack's BBQ
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Minneola
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Skip by all those chain joints on Hwy 50 to eat some real food. Been eating at this local joint for more than 35 years and have never been disappointed. Don't get to the area much but when I do I always make it a point to stop in. My favorite is the pork. It is chopped with some great burnt ends and is tinder with lots of good smokey flavor. The best part of all my visits is the beans. Not a baked beans fan myself but never pass up an extra helping. Something magical about their flavor. I always seem to haul a bottle of the hot sauce back home. The place is almost stuck in time when you walk in the door with the same row after roe of hats on the ceiling and pictures on the wall. The locals seem to like it that way and you may have wait your time with all the regulars at lunch. Atmosphere is much below normal but you don't seem to mind after you leave with your gut full and a big smile on your face. Stop by and get a feel of the original South Lake County, the way I remember it so many years ago!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Although it is no longer owned by Jack. His recipes still carry on with the new owner. Southern BBQ at its best. Family owned and truly supports the local community. Huge Gator fans so Noles just tuck your head down and eat! Pork sandwich with coleslaw is a MUST!

1  Thank Butterflygrl75
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Love Jack's smoked turkey.....the best ever. Don't forget to get the baked beans and sweet tea. My favorite meal, any day of the week. The pulled pork is unbelievable too. If we are planning a get together with family and friends....this is the place to pick up food....oh and football season....Jacks is a must. The resturant is always super clean and the portions large.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I hadn't had and BBQ in a while so I thought I'd give it a try. The bread was plain, not toasted garlic, like I'd hoped. The sweet sauce was delicious and the chicken must have been a baby because it was very small. I don't know that I'll go back but the service was good.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Jack's is a Lake County Iconic Destination.....If your a Gator fan you'll love the decor and memoribilia but the BBQ won' soon be forgotten....Great reasonably priced place for lunch or dinner and the BBQ is as consistent every trip. We visit Jack's several times per month and never get tired of it...Pulled Pork and Brisket are two of our favorites. If the Chimney Ain't Smokin Their Not Open !!!!