“Good BBQ”

Jack's BBQ
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Minneola
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 24, 2013

While I was in FL visiting, I was taken to an older part of town to a rustic little eatery that specialized in BBQ. The food is terrific! Many locals eat there too. The sign says "When the chimney ain't smokin we ain't open".

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food was decent. I have to agree with Meluna2629...very small portions. I was actually a bit surprised as most bbq places give you so much you can't even eat it all. I too am a sweet sauce fan so the fact that they only had a mustard based sauce was a bit disappointing.

All of that said, I did like the pulled pork and all of the kids liked the back beans (which aparently are among the best in the area). I had the potato salad (also mustard based) and it was just average. The macaroni salad was good but nothing special too it.

We went because I've visited the area every year for the past ten years and that is one place I've never eaten. It was worth the visit but I'm not sure I'll go back unless I happen to move there and just be missing BBQ.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We've been eating at Jack's at least twice a month for more than 5 years. I've ordered the Family Jack Pack for more family functions than I can count. Everything is good, but the turkey especially outstanding. Nothing fancy, but always clean and yummy . Don't be scared if the line is long, the friendly staff keeps it moving quickly.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

After reading some reviews some great and some not so great, my family and I still decided to try Jack's; being a local I told my husband lets support local businesses but I must say it was a major disappointment. I had read about the mustard base sauce and even though I like my BBQ sauce sweet I was still excited to go since I love BBQ. First the service, the waitress that got our order was a teenager who could not recommed anything and looked afraid to speak to the customers but I give her a pass since I remember what is like to be a teen on your first job. Then another waitress rang up my purchase, she barely acknowledge me and looked so miserable to be there but my rating was not based on customer service it is solely on
the food. I ordered the turkey with baked beans and potato salad and my husband ordered rib sandwich with beans and potato salad. For dessert we ordered key
Iime pie and chocolate cake. The turkey was absolutely flavor less, the sandwich size was so small that I've had bigger sandwiches from a kids menu. Disclosure( I only weigh 114lbs so it's not like I need a big sandwich just a regular size sandwich) :) My husband sandwich was as you can imagine difficult to eat whoever invented a rib sandwich is out of their minds is like biting into bones. The ribs tasted okay. The potato salad was also okay. The baked beans were the only thing worth eating but all portions are on the small side. As far as the dessert it was a piece of frozen chocolate cake that I could hardly cut through and that you purchase from a major retailer that starts with T. How do I know I've purchased plenty of cakes from them and while I like their cake alright I was not expecting that kind of cake from a place that has been opened for so many years. The key lime also tasted store bought and as such it also tasted alright. I would not recommend Jacks'. I never write reviews but I feel like if you are going to spend your hard earned money you should have nice service and good food not unreasonable in my opinion.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

If this places chimney is smokin, I think you'd better stop on in then because this is where real BBQ is done and done with perfection.
If you're a Local, then you know about Jacks, it is truly the best in town.