“Colourful and stylish”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2012

What a stylish place! An unpretentious building in the hilltop village of Sanilhac-Sagriès hides this colourful and quirky restaurant spanning two dining rooms with high ceilings and rustic artifacts on stone walls.

Sunday lunch was a fixed three-course menu at €29 a head. It began with an amuse bouche of asparagus and fennel soup – intense flavours. As the two vegetarians in the party, for us this was followed by aubergine soup with a garnish of thinly sliced radish, goats cheese and peas.

Our main course was a selection of different vegetables and olives on mashed potatoes and mashed parsnip – very tasty and very creative. For pudding we had a fresh berry soup with home-made coconut soup and strawberries.

The cooking is really interesting, the atmosphere relaxed, and we found the service friendly and unfussy. All in all, a great place to eat. But book ahead - apparently Le Tracteur is so popular that it’s hard to get a table.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

With the proviso that our visits to this amazing restaurant were in 2008 I would love to add our comments to those already made. We have travelled extensively and eaten our way around Spain, France and Italy. As well, I write restaurant reviews for a Newcastle, NSW newspaper, so eat out a lot. I have to say that Le Tracteur is one of the best value for money meals we have eaten. I thnk it comes down to the passion of Numa, the chef/patron and his commitment to local, seasonal produce. There may only be two choices in each course but these change daily. Several writers have commented on the difficulty of finding this place. I do agree, but a GPS helps. I would add that a thunderstorm prevented us from making a third visit here when we were staying for 5 weeks in Uzes. Most of the tables are outside so they do rely on good weather. I am looking forward to a return visit before too long.

2  Thank Liz and Arthur
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My son, husband and I had dinner at Le Tracteur in mid-September, and were very impressed. This was probably one of the better meals we had the entire time we were in France at a very reasonable price. It was not hard to try everything on the menu, because there were only two choices for each course, and nothing disapponted. I absolutely loved the pureed beets with raw oysters. The juxtapostion of the earthy taste of the beets and the marine flavor of the oysters was marvelous. Our biggest problem was finding the place, and we actually drove past it, because it was already dark when we got there. If you are heading north and reach the playing fields you have gone to far!

3  Thank DHLJP
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This is one place which seems to be getting better & better. The last two dinners have been a total delight and I had hoped to introduce other friends to the Tracteur today but find they are closed for a rest (well earned) until January.
So, we have planned to go back then.
Just 7 kms south of Uzès and well worth the short drive.
Simple but superb menu, amazing innovative combinations though always with the best, fresh ingredients. Roll on January!

Reviewed October 15, 2011

This is a small, very local place - not fancy - but the short menu has outstanding food using fresh ingredients and great food combinations. Truly worth a visit if you are visiting anywhere in the Uzes area.

1  Thank Maxie2862