“Mustangs!”

Wild Horse Rescue Center
Ranked #5 of 7 things to do in Mims
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Wild Horse Rescue Center rescues and rehabilitates abused and neglected horses of the breed mustang. Wild mustangs are rounded up and then sold - while completely wild. We rescue, nurse them back to health, socialize and train them so they can be adopted. Visitors will get a hands on experience with these horses through socializing, lunch and a trail ride. We have about 30 horses at any point.
Titusville, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Mustangs!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I volunteered at the Wild Horse Rescue Center for 2 years and I am so impressed with Diane Delano and the work that she does with these Mustangs. In addition to volunteering I have gone on trail rides with Diane and her Mustangs - it is so inspiring to see these horses, some of them have been abused, but they do so well under Diane's care. Bring you camera and your desire to help out horses in need and you will not be disappointed. Go visit - help out - and learn about the wonderful wild Mustangs. BTW - I now own a Mustang named Cherokee and he is the best!!!

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Sanjy

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Brilliant experience”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I recently spent 5 weeks at WHRC volunteering, it was an amazing experience. I learnt a great deal about mustangs and handling them, and got to ride in some really beautiful areas. On top of that I got to go air-boating, kayaking, jet-skiing and meet some really great people. I totally recommend a visit :D

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Becky_Miners
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A wonderfully meaningful experience with horses!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My mom and I visited Wild Horse Rescue Center for 2 weeks in November 2012 and it is a experience we will carry with us for the rest if our lives. You get to work closely with rescued mustangs in rehabilitation - it is an extremely rewarding experience, I can recommend this place to anyone of any age who loves horses and who is looking for a meaningful experience.

Visited November 2012