“Brilliant experience”

Wild Horse Rescue Center
Ranked #5 of 7 things to do in Mims
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Wild Horse Rescue Center rescues and rehabilitates abused and neglected horses of the breed mustang. Wild mustangs are rounded up and then sold - while completely wild. We rescue, nurse them back to health, socialize and train them so they can be adopted. Visitors will get a hands on experience with these horses through socializing, lunch and a trail ride. We have about 30 horses at any point.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I recently spent 5 weeks at WHRC volunteering, it was an amazing experience. I learnt a great deal about mustangs and handling them, and got to ride in some really beautiful areas. On top of that I got to go air-boating, kayaking, jet-skiing and meet some really great people. I totally recommend a visit :D

3  Thank Becky_Miners

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My mom and I visited Wild Horse Rescue Center for 2 weeks in November 2012 and it is a experience we will carry with us for the rest if our lives. You get to work closely with rescued mustangs in rehabilitation - it is an extremely rewarding experience, I can recommend this place to anyone of any age who loves horses and who is looking for a meaningful experience.

4  Thank elephantlady2011