Loughman Lake Lodge
$152
$125
$85
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Ate here with another couple who introduced us to this restaurant. Wednesday night is 60 cent wing night; so we all had wings. They were good. We'll go there again for wings and to try some other items from the menu. We also tried the fried catfish; it was tasty although my spouse would have preferred the fish to be firmer; I was fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank L M
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We bought the groupon for two to go on a 75 minute ride and it was a great experience! So much fun! Carl was a great guide and we saw so many gators, about 50, big and small. Ate at the restaurant afterwards and had the best chicken fingers I've ever had as well as the best gator tail we've ever tried. They have great customer service and are always willing to help. I definitely recommend this place! For the food and the ride! It was a great afternoon.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Hi, saw the terrible review and feel bad that someone would look at that and not want to go. We did try to change times and they said they were booked, BUT, we showed up a few minutes behing, we were the only ones on the boat (3 of us), a gentleman Carl was the captain who took us out, and it was the most awesome awesome experience. We can't say enough about Carl, he was such a kind guide, made us feel right at home, he has a great respect for the alligators environment, not staying long in any one spot so they feel infringed upon. We saw probably about 30 alligators in total, Carl knows the area like his own backyard. We saw baby ones, and one he said was approx. 90 years old. The boat if you haven't been on an airboat is an incredible crazy fun time. It feels like your airborne when it goes over the grasses. We saw other wildlife too, several species of birds and quite a few turtles. It was a trip of a lifetime, very beautiful surroundings, and you could tell Carl cared for the animals and their habitat. Whether using groupon or not, I really want to express the importance of leaving your captain a tip. Not sure how they even make money by people using the groupons (which we did). I have recommended this trip to my sister and family when they are here in Jan., one of the best experiences ever, the people there are very hospitable!!

Room Tip: We did not stay at this lodge, just went for the airboat tour
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kim G
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a Groupon and had no problems redeeming it. We chose an early morning ride. Captain Carl took us everywhere and really made an effort to find the gators for us. Took us where a regular boat couldn't go. Kids enjoyed riding over the weeds and seeing the baby gators. We had a great time! Good family fun....great way to see the real Florida. Was confused when we first arrived on where to "check in" and go, but it all worked out in the end. For the record, go to the restaurant to check in or to the dock behind the restaurant if you arrive before the restaurant is open.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank proudteacher5
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We bought a groupon for our 75 minute airboat ride for 4 people. We made our first reservation and we got there early as suggested and we waited for almost an hour while they tried to find our reservation. They put our reservation 'in the wrong book' and 'never transferred it over to the main book'. Seriously? This is how you run your business?? Fine...we'll reschedule. Fast forward to this weekend...We have a reservation for tomorrow. I go to their website today to see if I can pull their number to call and double check our reservation so that we don't get screwed again with another hour drive for nothing and their website is down due to non-payment. I go downstairs to get the groupon voucher for the phone number and the phone number has been disconnected. What a joke. I really hope Groupon plans on refunding me. Ridiculous. Buyer Beware!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends