“Very Personal and Professional” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Milton

Holiday Inn Express Milton
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Milton
NBNC
“Very Personal and Professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Mr. Guillory and All Staff Members,

Recently I made reservations at your HI Express in Milton, Fl. My family experienced a great loss with one of their family members in Milton and had to travel form NC to Milton for the services. Simultaneously their father/grandfather suffered a relapse in his personal health. The relapse dictated some changes in the intital reservation. It is the customer service during these changes and the noted warm welcome the members of my family received upon arrival that I am grateful to you for.

My family really enjoyed the cleanliness, space, and peacefulness of the room and the hotel in general. I personally would like to thank you for making their stay "restful, easy, and if not for the circumstances enjoyable" They have commented on the "beautiful hotel and the friendly lady at the welcoming desk numerous times" It's you the staff that I thank for seamlessly adjusting the accommodations for them from quantity of rooms to number of occupancy without any delay. The updated reservations were sent to my email promptly after each change. I thank you, my family members thank you and my kids thank you for the "pancakes" smile. My family says "they will gladly stay there again" and I will make it a point that I do as well. So to all of the staff members we say "thank you for your courtesy and all around professionalism"

Thanks
Don M

Room Tip: Comfort right at your finger tips. Professionals at work of every level. If you are traveling an loo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
JGuillory, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We're terribly sorry for the circumstances of why your family was visiting the Milton area but I'm glad we were able to make them as comfortable as possible during their stay. Our hearts go out to you and your family for your loss and troubles with your loved ones. We hope for many more better days to come and we hope you visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I work for a local grocery wholesale company and this location is close for my business. I have been staying at this property for over two years now and find the accomidations very nice, along with an excellant staff. There is a nice happy hour on Wed. and Thursday afternoons that is hosted by the manager. The rooms are clean, with a friendly front desk staff. There have been numerous situations where I have seen them go out of their way to help the guests in the most pleasant way possible.

Room Tip: The front desk has a most pleasant attitude and will be very helpful to any requests a traveler may...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
JGuillory, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments. We appreciate all feedback from our guests so that we can continue to strive to be the best hotel in our area. Your loyalty to our hotel is very valuable and it's always a pleasure getting to see you during our Managers Receptions.
Opelika, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Upon arriving at the hotel I was immediately greeted by a friendly staff member. The check in was a simple process. She thanked me by name. The lobby, room, and outside was in a very clean condition. The one thing I noticed was the water damage in the main dining area. The room sheets were clean and comfortable. Lighting in the bathroom needs to be improved along with the toilet. The sound when you flush is disturbing to your room and those next to you. The towels might need to be replaced, as mine were fraying. Wifi did not work, but when I mentioned it to a staff member they did provide me with an ethernet cord. The breakfast area had a friendly staff member. The food was hot and for the most part good. The eggs could be improved upon. For the money that was spent this was average, but the service at this location is great! I would come back to this location just because the way they treat their customers. Thanks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cartemd
JGuillory, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your review. It's always great to hear how well one of our guests are treated by the staff. That's the number 1 thing we pride ourselves on, customer service. We are addressing some of the issues you talked about, such as the stained atrium ceiling from the A/C vents and implementing some new towels to replace the worn ones. We hope you come back to visit us again in the future.
Fleming Island, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. We got a bottom floor next to the breakfast buffet. The room sort of smelled musty once we got there, but once we cranked the A/C, the smell went away. I was initially concerned about the noise from tenants above and the buffet just outside out door, but I was surprised at how little noise we heard. The food was great. They had pancakes, biscuits with sausage and gravy, cereal, fruit, and many different beverage choices. The staff was very friendly. The only issues we had was that pool was colder than expected, the wifi was a little slow, and they were a number of fire ants in the parking lot. My wife got bitten pretty bad just getting into our car. We both agree that we'd still come back as all in all, it was a nice hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor will mean less noise, but then again you have to take your bags up the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
JGuillory, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thanks for your feedback and the great compliments on our hot breakfast bar. You should find the same great quality items at every Holiday Inn Express, but for some reason many guests prefer ours better. Maybe it's the extra love our wonderful hostesses add to the presentation! Come again anytime, we'd love to have you back.
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The hotel has a nice appearance, but had a moldy smell and was in a remote location. It may be OK if you are just passing through but for several days of business, I think it is not a place I would stay again. There are no restaurants in the area. This really is more like a quick overnight stop for travelers along I 10.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
JGuillory, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you staying with us. We understand that there are not many restaurants out on this side of town but there's a few we could recommend for you within a mile of the hotel. But for future knowledge, there really are no reputable chain hotels in the town of Milton itself. We just happen to be conveniently located right at the interstate exit 31.
Malakoff, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Clean room with good air conditioning. There is a lot of mold and damage to the lobby ceiling as well as several places where the a/c vents leak. Hopefully this will be fixed by future visits. Good breakfast and friendly staff.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian P
JGuillory, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and giving us your feedback. We are currently working to resolve the issues with the atrium ceiling and A/C vents that are sweating due to the extreme heat and humidity in this area. We look forward to having you back again in the future!
Macclenny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stopped here on our way to New Orleans for an overnight stay. The place was very clean and the stafff was super friendly. Breakfast was your typical free breakfast but it was good and hot. The pancake making machine was kinda neat. Would definately stay here again if I was passing through Milton.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David H
JGuillory, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milton, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and please come back to visit us if you're traveling the I-10 corridor again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton
Red Roof Inns & Suites Pensacola East - Milton
Regency Inn & Suites
Regency Inn & Suites
#4 of 6 in Milton
3.0 of 5 stars 14 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Milton? Share your experiences!