“not like Mom used to make”
Review of Ace`s Restaurant

Ace`s Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in Milton
florida
“not like Mom used to make”
Reviewed January 28, 2008

After reading positive reviews here and elsewhere for Ace's I was surprised by our experience there. Everything we ordered that night was obviously straight from a box or can. The prices were reasonable and the staff was competent but that did not make up for the lackluster, prepackaged dinner we received. The parking lot is always full but I cant imagine why.

New Bern, North Carolina
“Best ribs”
Reviewed July 3, 2007

Wife and I have gone there a few times, and never been disappointed. In my opinion, the best thing on the menu is their ribs. They dont toot their own horn enough about these ribs. Best I've had since I've lived in the area.

Milton FL
“Get your fill at Ace's”
Reviewed December 18, 2006

Date: 19 Dec 06
Reviewer: MilitaryMomK

I have always been told if you want to find a good local spot to eat check to see how many cars are in the parking lot. This is how we found Ace's! Being new in the area with no kitchen equipment to prepare a decent breakfast we set out to find a place where we could get the grand slam. In the land of Waffle Houses we squeezed into the last parking spot on the gravel lot and entered into the a down home eatery bustling with locals talking over coffee.

The larger than life rooster greeted us first telling us to "wait to be seated" but it was not 2 shakes and the hostess greeted us, & seated us. Our waitress (one of the friendliest people) asked us if we had ever been there as we perused the menu. We told her we were new in town and hoping to get some good eats.

The menu has starred items that mean the locals like these selections alot - so order one of them! There is one concoction that has the eggs, grits, sausage in one bowl. It may sound odd but it is very yummy!

Of course we have had other items on the menu since our first time - breakfast, lunch or dinner - you can't go wrong. Nothing fancy just simple fare but well prepared with lots of love from the kitchen. The batter on the fresh fried shrimp is VERY light -- not greasy at all. They have wonderful homeade soups too. All prices are in the modest range...which makes the eating that much better.

The decor is also very interesting with old vintage photos of the area back in the early 1900's when Milton was then a growing mill town on the Blackwater River. The latest addition is a large painting by a local artist depicting Main Street Milton back in the '50s.

If you were lucky enough to get one of their 10% discount cards when they were giving them out last year - use it or give it to me! We eat there at least 3 times a month if not more sometimes! My kids love the relaxing environment - just like being at home only they don't have to do the dishes.