“Okki is now Niko....”

Ranked #37 of 95 Restaurants in Milton
pensacola florida
“Okki is now Niko....”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We have been going to Nikko (was Okki) since it first opened and have always liked going there. We went tonight and our meal was very good, our waitress was very sweet, and the cook was pretty good.
There was the 3 in my family, 2 teenage young men, and a couple at our hibachi table. We were sitting there, getting our to go boxes ready and waiting on our change when out of nowhere come a roach across the table we were sitting at. I told the waitress about it and she kept saying I am so sorry. The other lady sitting at our table asked to see the manager. Well the manager walked over with a major attitude, (mind you I had already paid for our meal almost $80 with tip) She says is there a problem, I said you just need to be aware there was a roach that was just on the table. She got rather sarcastic and said they have it sprayed ever 15 days and that it is just like the bugs in you house (meaning mine) I said um no I do NOT have bugs in my house. She said well you have already paid for your meal I cant do anything for you now. I was not looking for her to comp our meal or anything like that, She just needed to be aware and a sincere apology would have been nice. As I started to walk away, I told her I would NEVER be back. I will drive to Pensacola before I go back there again. It is a real shame because we have eaten there many, many, many times. I think they need to find a new manager because this one sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank fldenise

panhandle, fl
“don't waste your time or money!!”
Reviewed September 19, 2009

This was our second time eating at Okki's. The first time we chalked up the bad food and ok service to it being a new business. It been open now for a couple years and it was worse this this time than the first.

First we were seated at a dirty table. When I sat down and put my hand on the table there was a brown sticky sauce which got all over my hand and on my shirt sleeve. I told my wife to move to the empty table behind us and it too was not clean. The waiter brought our drinks and soup and I asked hiim if he would clean our table and also told him that we had moved because the other table was dirty. THe waiter walked off and returned in 2 or so minutes with a cloth to clean the table we were sitting at, but did not bother to clean the table that me had moved from. After we moved tables we noticed a dead roach on the floor in the center of the walk area between our table and the sushi bar. We let our waiter know that there was a dead roach on the floor next to our table, and his response was "O.K.".
As we started to eat our soup, my wife noticed that water was dripping on her, our second table was under the AC duct. The water had dripped into her soup so we decided to leave our soup and change tables a second time. We passed anthor dirty table before finding one in the corner clean enough to eat at. While we were waiting on our food the hostess, two waiters and the bus girl all stepped over the roach to get to the sushi are and made no effort to clean the roach off the floor.
Well the sushi (1 roll) arrived in about 15 min after I had ordered it and the waiter disappered as soon as it hit the table. I had to track down chop sticks and a soy dish because he did not bother to ask it there was anything else that I might need, and to top it off my tea glass was empty and i was never offered a refill unitl he brought the check.
About 30 minutes into this ordeal our food arrives, or at least most of it. The waiter did not bring our rice, the chicken was cold, and my glass still had no tea. After telling the waiter about the missing items, dirty tables and ROACH on the floor (which was still there when we left), the waiter removed the $7 tuna roll from our tab.

I will never eat at Okki's again. If anyone ask I will tell them to try the other sushi place which I have yet to try) in Pace or drive to Pensacola or Destin. Any place to include McDonalds is cleaner and has better service than this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pensacola, fl
“OK for Mexican Sushi”
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Sushi was OK but it was not authentic Japanese sushi. I think they thought up their own combinations. I went several times and gave them the benefit of the doubt but I don't think I'll be returning. We were new to the area and another couple suggested we go out for sushi. I was disappointed. The service was horrible.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice waitor, great sushi...”
Reviewed July 20, 2008

Nice waitor, great sushi and Hibachi bars.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Hibachi and Sushi that is wonderful. Located on HWY 90 in Pace...”
Reviewed June 18, 2008

Hibachi and Sushi that is wonderful. Located on HWY 90 in Pace...

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook