“Good BBQ” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grover T's BBQ

Grover T's BBQ
Ranked #7 of 94 Restaurants in Milton
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our menu specialties include ...slow-smoked pork, chicken, beef, turkey & St. Louis style ribs ... cooked to perfection for up to 18 hours! You know what they say - if it doesn't have a pink ring, it's not the real thing! We also highly recommend a few of our Special Southern Cookin' Favorites... catfish, shrimp etouffee, chicken tenders, shrimp & grits, entree salads, handmade burgers & other non-traditional BBQ offerings on the menu. With the many mouthwatering appetizers & entrees, a variety of country-style sides to choose from along with outstanding desserts like our famous homemade banana pudding and fruit cobbler... that are made in our kitchen daily. All of the food is prepared using only the freshest ingredients.
Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
“Good BBQ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Decent BBQ overall. Service was great, fast friendly and informative. The brisket was good, and really like the sweet sauce.
Wife had the pulled pork, and really liked it. This from a person who really doesn't care for BBQ at all.
I'd visit again, and try something else next time.

Milton, Florida
“Great addition to Milton's Dinning options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I have had a couple of delicious meals at Grover Ts. The food has been delicious and the quantity enough for a doggie box and a second meal at home.The owners are very hands on and add to the experience.I highly recommend this as a quality dining restaurant.Dont miss the home made. Pecan pie.

Visited December 2013
Milton, Florida
“Great place for a large gathering”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Husband's Christmas party @ this restaurant. Never been before.
Since it was a private event we had a limited menu but food was very good. Pulled pork, chichen, greens, & potatoe with cheese dish. Everything was delicious especially the potatoe dish.
Wait staff very professional.
So impressed that it's on our list of new places to visit.
Would highly recommend for a large gathering.

• Visited December 2013
Pace, Florida
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Went for dinner with a party of 4. 3 of us were very unhappy with our meals. Ribs were chewy, green beans mushy, coleslaw had green peppers in it which was all you could really taste. Rolls were dry and chicken horrible.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Denise H, Guest Relations at Grover T's BBQ, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hello! I am sorry to read about your experience. Did you have the opportunity to discuss this with a manager? If not - please give us an opportunity to talk with you. Our operating partner is Bob Page - you can reach him at our restaurant at 850.564.1231. Or we would be happy to contact you.
Pace
“Grover T's Barbecue.. the T stands for tasteless”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had high hopes of this new restaurant being a great new barbecue in town. My hopes were quickly dashed when I read the prices on the menu. Sorry folks but 9 bucks for a Hamburger plate is more like a dinner at Disney World than in Milton Fl. The food was not bad but the portions were small compared to the prices. I had a barbecue pulled pork sandwich that had very little smoked meat taste to it. The service was good and the people there friendly but that is hard to counter the high prices and less than tasty vittles.

When asked if I would care for desert I asked about the selection. They all sounded good but I zeroed in on my all time favorite ... Banana Pudding. I asked the waitress if this was truly made from scratch Banana Pudding because if it was made from canned pudding I was not interested. She dashed off to the kitchen and returned with a smile and told me the pudding was indeed made from scratch. I ordered my wife and I a bowl..at $4 each I might add (wow pricey) and guess what. It was made from a can.

I would love to say we had a new great barbecue in town but unfortunately Grover T's BBQ is just very high priced groceries and nothing more. I have now eaten here twice... my first.. and my last time. Good luck Grover T's... you are really going to need it.

• Visited November 2013