“Great local seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Naperville, Illinois
“Great local seafood”
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Great food, especially the marinated blackened grouper, cole slaw, greens, and I sampled the fired mullet (a local fish). Reasonable prices!
Len, Evanston,Il.

• Visited January 2011

Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing potatoe salad and seafood”
Reviewed October 23, 2010

The potatoe salad is to die for, and they have an appetizer (smoked tuna dip) that sounds pretty odd but has a great flavor. You eat it with packaged butter crackers which is pretty unpolished, but it's so good you don't care. The interior is definitely made for a seafood restaurant. I love their fish po-boy, but there are plenty of other things on the menu. They have a nice large covered patio for those who want to sit outdoors.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, especially the marinated grouper and flounder.”
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Great food, especially the marinated grouper and flounder.

New Orleans
“Best Seafood and Hospitality”
Reviewed December 23, 2009

The seafood was fried so perfect. Living in New Orleans all of my life, this is a hugh compliment. Fried green tomatoes were to die for! Gumbo rocked. Staff sooooo very friendly. What a wonderful treat for a place tucked on the backsides of Hwy. 90. If you should travel that way, don't miss out on Chet's Seafood. One of the best, I have ever eaten!!!

Moose Jaw, Canada
“Great mullet and very honest staff.”
Reviewed October 26, 2009

A couple who lives in the neighborhood showed me and my friends this place as it was a place with good food nearby to where they lived.

I think our waitress was not more than 16 or 17 years old, and at first I wrongfully expected her to know less about the menu than a older and more experienced waitress would. But she knew everything about the menu and in detail. She gave us good advice of what to order and what not to order if we were just passing by (as we were since were not living in the neighborhood)

We decided on the Marinated Mullet along with Jumbo Chowder as an appetizer and it was all great. Most people order this deep fried which I personally think is a shame. But I know it is a tradition to deep fry everything here down south. We had it broiled and it was nice and fresh and had a great spicy taste.

Definitely worth a visit if you are in the neighborhood.

1 Thank Cruzer84