“Great poboys”
Review of Ada's Restaurant - CLOSED

Ada's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We tried Ada's after church on Mother's day. We expected it to be packed but got a table right away. The kids meals are a great value. Both kids ate and still had food to take home. My daughter had chicken fingers and they were not those things most restaurants serve, they were fresh breaded chicken. I had the shrimp poboy and my husband had the oyster poboy. Both were very good. The fries are great! Most people were getting the special which looked fantastic just heavier than I wanted. We will return.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I went to Ada's on a Friday for lunch. The parking lot was almost empty and only a few people were dining when I arrived. That should have told me something. I decided to try Ada's anyway due to all the rave reviews... I ordered the Friday lunch special which was described as 'Fried Catfish or Mullet' with your choice of 2 sides for $7.49. I've never eaten mullet (gross!) so, I ordered the catfish with fries & coleslaw as my sides. My lunch was served hot, that was the best thing about it. It included just ONE piece of catfish and the breading on this one piece of fish was very bland, it had no seasoning to it at all. It was as though it was fried in plain cornmeal. I had to add salt and pepper to the fish to give it some flavor! It did seem fresh though and it was flaky and tender. The fries, well they were fries. The coleslaw was the worst, driest, blandest slaw I've ever had in my life! I added salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of sugar to it to give it some flavor. The waitress claimed that Ada's chef worked with Robert Irvine for 6 years. I find this very hard to believe. I think Robert needs to visit Ada's and taste the food. I can't imagine Robert Irvine approving of bland food... The wait staff was friendly and accommodating. I was even given a menu to take home with me and noticed that Ada's dinner menu has a much better sounding selection of entree's so, I might try them again for dinner to see if maybe, just maybe, their dinner selections taste any better. Honestly, I was not impressed.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Ada's Restaurant has the most delicious homestyle southern food!! Me and my family are regulars and eat every week. We love the lunch specials. The entrees are always fresh and we are never disappointed. Their dinner entrees are delicious too. My favorite is the Veggie pasta with pimento cream sauce! They also have southern homemade desserts and we always eat one at every visit. Our favorites are the creme brulee, sweet potato bread pudding, and cherry-pineapple spoon cake.too. The staff is wonderful as well. They treat you like family and know us by name. My son has food allergies and the staff and chef always remember how we order his special food and it is really nice to be able to go out to eat and not worry about my son's food allergies! Ada's will accommodate you for special occasions if you ask them too. We brought a family member there for her birthday and they made it so special for her by decorating the table with candles, confetti, balloons and baking her a special cake! It was so nice and made our family member feel so special! If you want delicious homemade food and a warm friendly atmosphere you need to go to Ada's where you feel right at home!!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

In town for a weekend of dog shows. Ate here delicious shrimp and grits. Great service , reasonable prices. Will come again when in town. Don't let the small size of the building turn you away

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We've dined twice at Ada's in the past 10 days. The first time, we had the crab cakes and gumbo. Both were excellent. We immediately made reservations for Valentine's Day and were blown away! For our first course, we had the she-crab soup. This soup was better than any I'd had in Charleston SC. Next, we were each brought a tray of oysters flash baked with assorted toppings. These were some of the best we've eaten! Our next course was the filet and we were not disappointed! Cooked to perfection, quality cuts, outstanding flavor. The filets were served with a delightful sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and sautéed asparagus. Just when we thought we couldn't eat another bite, our waitress brought out their luscious cheesecake finished with a chocolate-raspberry sauce! Jason definitely has it going on! The food rivals any fine dining restaurant in Pensacola. We will be regulars from now on!