“Great place to take the kids”

West Florida Railroad Museum
Ranked #6 of 17 things to do in Milton
Kents Store, Virginia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great place to take the kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Great place for kids. I took my grandchildren and they loved it. Make sure you go when they are running the larger ride on toy trains in the back.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank Joseph J

Platte City, Missouri, United States
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Interesting and free”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Museum has several railroad cars that you can explore, a fascinating model train exhibit, a miniature train ride for children and several exhibits. Fun and inexpensive way to spend an hour or so.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank js_mo_50
Milton, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fun For Everyone!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

You can look at model trains buy parts for your train collection or just walk around. Lot of ol timers that you can sit around and chat with and learn a lot from them. You can walk in and sit in their passenger car have a donut and a cup of coffee and talk about the good old days. And of course there is the caboose you can check out and learn about. Great place for everyone. We live here and go there at least once a month. Never get tired of listening to the back in my day stories.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Beckey B
sunny florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“trains!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

My boys love trains. They really enjoy being able to see the model trains and being able to go inside a real train car.

Visited April 2013
Niceville, Florida
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Can't beat it for the price (free!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I took my 22mo. Old twins here around the holidays. How interesting! We could only view the model trains and a few railroad artifacts. The reason is that I had my boys by myself in a wagon so keep that in mind if you have a stroller. The baby will have to come out or you will miss out on climbing in the train cars or one of the buildings that has no ramps. My sons really enjoyed watching the many model trains though. I look forward to going back with my husband (and the boys being a bit older) so that we can experience it all!

Visited December 2012