“Good budget choice”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Milton
Houston, Texas
“Good budget choice”
Reviewed December 3, 2008

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting my parents for Thanksgiving. Most hotels that are listed as "Milton" are actually far out of town near the interstate, which was not convenient for us. We'd never had to stay in a hotel here before but Mom & Dad ran out of beds so I had to make a choice. The Emerald Sands is an "older" property, it was there in 1972 when we moved to town., and not considered "ritzy". Some people live there, in the little kitchenettes and apartments. I was a bit hesitant, but the location and price tipped the balance. We've always considered hotels just a bed and shower, not a place to "enjoy", so location and cleanliness are the top priorities. Emerald Sands was OK, I am happy to report. It was clean, the room looked like it had fairly recently been painted and new light fixtures put in. There was a mini fridge and microwave on top. The TV was in an armoire. The tub is an old jetted type, with the control on the bedroom wall, but we didn't try it. The room had a slight "febreeze" smell to it that always makes me suspicious about what they're trying to cover up, but there was no bad odors. Downsides: the pillows were pancake thin, the towels were small and thin like you'd get from the dollar store. Bring your own shampoo, lotion, conditioner. My impression is that there was no hairdryer either, but I'd brought my own anyway. There was only one blanket for the two beds, so my daughter used a travel blanket that she'd brought from home.
It was a good value, clean budget motel. If you want to stay in Milton, this is really the best choice. We'd stay here again, but bring our own pillow and towels.

• Liked — Price, location, mini fridge
  • Disliked — Thin pillows, towels
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank JodiBlonde

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton
Red Roof Inns & Suites Pensacola East - Milton
Quality Inn & Suites
#22 of 65 in Pensacola
Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital
Best Western Navarre Waterfront

Been to Emerald Sands Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Emerald Sands Inn

Property: Emerald Sands Inn
Address: 6436 Highway 90, Milton, FL 32570-4527
Location: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Milton
Business Center with Internet Access Kitchenette Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Milton
Hotel Class:2 star — Emerald Sands Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Emerald Sands Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.