Chris Jones Gyroplanes
Review Highlights
Gyroplane flight

An absolute fantastic experience, excellent value for money, a highly recommended gift. Chris Jones... read more

Reviewed December 2, 2019
endpointassessor17
Stephen Ward

Absolutely fantastic experience, best Christmas present ever. Thoroughly enjoyable from start to... read more

Reviewed October 29, 2019
I7052BSstephenw
via mobile

All reviews control tower flying experience lake district birds eye view an amazing experience fantastic experience from start to finish different perspective lovely guy northern lakes take photos beautiful countryside tea coffee gyro great fun honister pass scared of heights excellent value for money
Selected filters
Reviewed October 4, 2017

I got this as a christmas present for my wife, and it got very close to expiry date due to poor weather. Chris was brilliant about it and organised things to suit, despite a couple of postponements for rain she had her flight.
I can't praise Chris enough for the way he went through things, easy going and competent. He described how it all works, went through the controls; and off they went.
Over an hour later they returned, Chris done a couple of low passes so that I could get photos/videos and then did the softest landing I have ever seen.
The wife absolutely loved it and is still talking about it several days later.

You are allowed to take your own camera on board (tethered of course) You get to fly the gyro yourself for quite a while, and the commentary is excellent. She particularly liked flying over Catbells and waving to the walkers. The route through the lakes was pretty impressive evidently.
If you are watching you can go to the control tower and help yourself to tea/coffee. It is very comfortable with settees to sit on and the view from the top (2nd floor) is great. If you want you can go outside at the top if you wish. There is also a hotel on site if you fancy something else to eat or drink.
I was definitely jealous and will be booking a flight myself.
For location, it is in the north lakes, the airspace is clear, and of course the scenery is the extra that makes it

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Geomacg
Reviewed September 12, 2017

I took the trip as a retirement present. I'm not a natural aviator but the trip was really smooth and Chris was an excellent guide. It was great fun seeing the lakes from above and waving to the walkers. I'll wave the myself the next time I'm on the fells and see a gyroplane. I would certainly do it again and would recommend the trip to anyone.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Really really good experience. The views are amazing, even if I only managed a few minutes of flying before travel sickness took over (I have unbalanced ears and had taken my hearing aids out, so not a common thing to happen in the gyroplane). You're given the opportunity to fly it yourself and request a local place to fly over. Chris is such an enthusiastic pilot and really made the whole experience! Highly recommended for everyone!

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

We were a family party of seven (from three generations) doing a one hour flight each on this particular experience. All I can say is that this was an amazing day! Chris is a lovely man and a great instructor - and the experience of flying over the stunning Lake District scenery which we have grown to know so well on the ground was incredible. May not suit anyone who is particularly prone to air-sickness, but otherwise it's a terrific way to see the local scenery. We flew over Bassenthwaite Lake, Keswick, Derwentwater, Honister Pass, and then back past Keswick (with an opportunity to wave at other members of the family in the house we are staying in). You have the chance to take over the controls and fly yourself, once up in the air, all the time knowing that Chris is securely behind you with his dual controls! Brilliant!! A huge thank you to Chris for making it such a good experience and looking after us all so well, and the man on the ground who provided us with tea, coffee and biscuits as well as operating the radio.

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

I booked an introductory flight for my wife for Christmas, and for various reasons the booking slipped to August, and our Wedding Anniversary. Despite a limited lifespan on the voucher Chris Jones gave us plenty of time to take the booking. When we arrived on the day of the booking Chris was great. He completely put my wife at ease, but explained that the weather would be better the next day. We returned early the next morning to take the flight. My wife really enjoyed the flight, and we have some great photos. My turn next year!