“Excellent experience - recommend it”

Chris Jones Gyroplanes
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Kirkbride
Reviewed September 12, 2017

I took the trip as a retirement present. I'm not a natural aviator but the trip was really smooth and Chris was an excellent guide. It was great fun seeing the lakes from above and waving to the walkers. I'll wave the myself the next time I'm on the fells and see a gyroplane. I would certainly do it again and would recommend the trip to anyone.

Date of experience: September 2017
in 5 reviews
"safe hands"
"bucket list"
in 4 reviews
"would highly recommend to anyone"
"explained everything"
in 3 reviews
"cut a long story short"
"northern lakes"
"stunning views"
"hour flight"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Really really good experience. The views are amazing, even if I only managed a few minutes of flying before travel sickness took over (I have unbalanced ears and had taken my hearing aids out, so not a common thing to happen in the gyroplane). You're given the opportunity to fly it yourself and request a local place to fly over. Chris is such an enthusiastic pilot and really made the whole experience! Highly recommended for everyone!

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

We were a family party of seven (from three generations) doing a one hour flight each on this particular experience. All I can say is that this was an amazing day! Chris is a lovely man and a great instructor - and the experience of flying over the stunning Lake District scenery which we have grown to know so well on the ground was incredible. May not suit anyone who is particularly prone to air-sickness, but otherwise it's a terrific way to see the local scenery. We flew over Bassenthwaite Lake, Keswick, Derwentwater, Honister Pass, and then back past Keswick (with an opportunity to wave at other members of the family in the house we are staying in). You have the chance to take over the controls and fly yourself, once up in the air, all the time knowing that Chris is securely behind you with his dual controls! Brilliant!! A huge thank you to Chris for making it such a good experience and looking after us all so well, and the man on the ground who provided us with tea, coffee and biscuits as well as operating the radio.

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

I booked an introductory flight for my wife for Christmas, and for various reasons the booking slipped to August, and our Wedding Anniversary. Despite a limited lifespan on the voucher Chris Jones gave us plenty of time to take the booking. When we arrived on the day of the booking Chris was great. He completely put my wife at ease, but explained that the weather would be better the next day. We returned early the next morning to take the flight. My wife really enjoyed the flight, and we have some great photos. My turn next year!