“A wonderful place to learn to fly a gyroplane”

Chris Jones Gyroplanes
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Kirkbride
Reviewed June 29, 2017

I learned to fly fixed wind planes and hot air balloons but gyroplanes are better than both and Chris Jones is the best instructor I have known.

Kirkbride is a wonderful place to learn as there is no controlled airspace and the countyside and lake district are beautiful to fly over.

Date of experience: June 2017
in 5 reviews
"safe hands"
"bucket list"
in 4 reviews
"would highly recommend to anyone"
"explained everything"
in 3 reviews
"cut a long story short"
"northern lakes"
"stunning views"
"hour flight"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed June 19, 2017

A gyroplane flight is a great way to get a birds eye view of the world, and Chris is the perfect host. I recently had a trial flight and his approach and knowledge made the experience fun and interesting, and the flight itself was wonderful.
I enjoyed a fantastic time and Chris tailored our flight so I was able to pilot the gyroplane above where I live - which was terrific!

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant! Can't thank Chris enough for such an awesome experience. Best way to see The Lakes.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 29, 2017

The trial flight was bought for me as a Christmas present by my wife.
I waited for summer weather and got really lucky.
Chris Jones is professional and his calm, easy going manner inspires confidence. He took the time to explain how the Gyrocopter "worked" and he was happy to answer my questions.
I was made to feel that I was his most important customer.
The flight itself was amazing. We flew south over ground that I have walked over for many years and I had the controls for what seemed like ages.
The controls were much lighter than I expected - no wrestling needed.
All in all a totally enjoyable experience.
Book one today - but a word of warning: One flight won't be enough. You'll want another!