Chris Jones Gyroplanes
Review Highlights
Excellent

What a fantastic way to see the Lake District, brilliant experience, Chris makes you feel very... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
867jamese
Carlisle, United Kingdom
via mobile
High Planes Drifter

The Clint Eastwood film inferred to in the title of this review, is to date, the only film I have... read more

Reviewed August 13, 2020
Dave H

All reviews control tower flying experience lake district birds eye view an amazing experience fantastic experience from start to finish different perspective lovely guy northern lakes take photos beautiful countryside scared of heights tea coffee gyro great fun honister pass excellent value for money
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2017

Fantastic Christmas present from my wife.
With Chris telling me where to go and how to get there I had a fabulous time flying around the north Lake District.
Very professional and knowledgable and great customer focus, I would and will definitely recommend Chris and his gyrocopter flying to anyone .
Many thanks Chris

2  Thank Ken S
Reviewed May 28, 2017

I first went to meet Chris for a trial flight in June 2016 and had a Wow experience that day! To cut a long story short I started training with Chris for my Private Pilots Licence (Gyroplanes) a month later. After 10 hours flight time I decided to buy a Gyroplane (which has now been split into shared ownership so other share owners can enjoy) and Chris helped me all the way. Early April 2017 I passed my General Flying Test and received my PPL after training through the Winter (yes it's just as beautiful during the Winter if not more so). I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Chris so much for my amazing journey. If you want to fly in the Lakes or learn to fly Gyroplanes then I can't recommend Chris highly enough. He is the consummate professional, totally dedicated to safety, and extremely patient (he would need to be with me!). He also has more experience in Gyroplanes than anyone else in the U.K. So take my word for it as a local resident, this is the best experience in the Lake District bar none!

Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

Wow, bought for me as a surprise and totally loved this experience.
Chris was very professional with a super calm attitude and made the session awesome.
Would love to do it again and probably will but only with Chris, we live in Notts but it would worth the travel.

The views and scenery were amazing and I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Just great....

Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

I have reviewed Chris Jones gyroplanes many months ago having had a trial flight with him. I enjoyed that so much a friend and I went on to do a full private pilots licence course with Chris. We have both now completed the course and have gained our PPL(G)s. And very proud we are too ! We completed the course in something close to the minimum required hours solely due to the expertise and brilliant training skills of Chris. You could not wish for a better instructor. I cannot recommend him highly enough. Surely a flight in a gyro over the lakes must be on everyone's bucket list. There is no better place to do it than the lakes and no better person to take you safely and show you how much fun a gyrocopter can be than Chris Jones. More bang for your buck than you'll experience anywhere ! Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 2, 2017

Bought this is a present for my partner - he absolutely loved it - worth every penny to see the excitement in his face! He really enjoyed the flying including taking control (if you wish) and seeing his favourite part of the UK from the air was brilliant. He took some excellent photos over Bassenthwaite and Derwentwater. Excellent value for money and Chris Jones is very experienced and makes you feel comfortable. He cannot wait to go again.

Date of experience: April 2017