“Best fun I've had in a long time!”

Chris Jones Gyroplanes
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Kirkbride
Reviewed May 29, 2017

The trial flight was bought for me as a Christmas present by my wife.
I waited for summer weather and got really lucky.
Chris Jones is professional and his calm, easy going manner inspires confidence. He took the time to explain how the Gyrocopter "worked" and he was happy to answer my questions.
I was made to feel that I was his most important customer.
The flight itself was amazing. We flew south over ground that I have walked over for many years and I had the controls for what seemed like ages.
The controls were much lighter than I expected - no wrestling needed.
All in all a totally enjoyable experience.
Book one today - but a word of warning: One flight won't be enough. You'll want another!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"safe hands"
"bucket list"
in 4 reviews
"would highly recommend to anyone"
"explained everything"
in 4 reviews
"trial"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed May 29, 2017

Fantastic Christmas present from my wife.
With Chris telling me where to go and how to get there I had a fabulous time flying around the north Lake District.
Very professional and knowledgable and great customer focus, I would and will definitely recommend Chris and his gyrocopter flying to anyone .
Many thanks Chris

1  Thank Ken S
Reviewed May 28, 2017

I first went to meet Chris for a trial flight in June 2016 and had a Wow experience that day! To cut a long story short I started training with Chris for my Private Pilots Licence (Gyroplanes) a month later. After 10 hours flight time I decided to buy a Gyroplane (which has now been split into shared ownership so other share owners can enjoy) and Chris helped me all the way. Early April 2017 I passed my General Flying Test and received my PPL after training through the Winter (yes it's just as beautiful during the Winter if not more so). I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Chris so much for my amazing journey. If you want to fly in the Lakes or learn to fly Gyroplanes then I can't recommend Chris highly enough. He is the consummate professional, totally dedicated to safety, and extremely patient (he would need to be with me!). He also has more experience in Gyroplanes than anyone else in the U.K. So take my word for it as a local resident, this is the best experience in the Lake District bar none!

Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

Wow, bought for me as a surprise and totally loved this experience.
Chris was very professional with a super calm attitude and made the session awesome.
Would love to do it again and probably will but only with Chris, we live in Notts but it would worth the travel.

The views and scenery were amazing and I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Just great....

See more reviews
Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

I have reviewed Chris Jones gyroplanes many months ago having had a trial flight with him. I enjoyed that so much a friend and I went on to do a full private pilots licence course with Chris. We have both now completed the course and have gained our PPL(G)s. And very proud we are too ! We completed the course in something close to the minimum required hours solely due to the expertise and brilliant training skills of Chris. You could not wish for a better instructor. I cannot recommend him highly enough. Surely a flight in a gyro over the lakes must be on everyone's bucket list. There is no better place to do it than the lakes and no better person to take you safely and show you how much fun a gyrocopter can be than Chris Jones. More bang for your buck than you'll experience anywhere ! Highly recommended.