“Exactly as Trip Advisor Reviewers Promised”

Howard Johnson Inn Tallahassee/Midway
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Midway
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Simple, but spotlessly clean. A fifteen year old property that has been scrupulously maintained. Conveniently located right off I10, it's also a straight shot back into Tallahassee via highway 90. Small, but attractive sitting area in the lobby. Breakfast area is small and the fare is basic but plentiful, including waffles, toast, yogurt, cereal and pastries, and if you want a bigger meal, there's a Denny's at the truck stop right across the road. Furniture looks newer, as do the linens. Beds on the firm side, but that's a matter of taste. Nothing fancy, but a nice clean room and a helpful staff and that's exactly what we needed for a one night stay. Very pleased. (Note: I booked through AAA and the address is listed as 56 Fortune Blvd., but it's definitely the same motel.)

Room Tip: One side of the motel is nearer I10. We didn't hear any noise, but we were on the opposite side...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 6, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank itiseye
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was a repeat visit to This motel. I will continue to visit this motel whenever I come to visit. The rooms are nice and very convient to everything. The staff were so very nice and helpful. We just loved Lana and Shannon. They went above and beyond to help us on our stay. No matter what we ask, we were provided help with a smile. We certainly enjoyed our stay and as I stated, Will do so everytime we visit from now on. Thankyou so much for such a plesant stay..Also the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Patsy930
Reviewed July 24, 2013

In all of my travels, I have never stayed at a Howard Johnson's before, but I am sure glad I stopped at this Howard Johnson Midway in Midway, Florida. This hotel was amazing to me, everything fresh and clean, and the desk clerk was very friendly.
The room was large and spacious, the bedroom and bathroom were both clean with many amenities such as an ironing board, hair dryer, TV, coffee maker, microwave, plenty of clean towels, and the extra pillows I requested when I made the reservation on the Internet. Also, the bed was quite comfortable and I slept pretty well.
I had requested a Handicapped Accessible room and that is what I got. The Handicapped parking space(s) were right in front of the room so getting my luggage moved inside was quite easy. Also, there was an elevator for easy access to the upper floor.
Almost all of the hotels I have stayed at had a news channel on the TV in the breakfast room, so having to put up with the Disney Channel because of some children that were there was a bit annoying. The only hot food they offered for their Continental Breakfast was a waffle maker and a toaster, and the only bread available was white. There was also a small assortment of pastries and bagels available.
Overall, I was quite impressed with the cleanliness and spaciousness of this Howard Johnson, and other that the couple of annoyances mentioned above, I enjoyed my stay there, and would not hesitate to stay there again in the future.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Michael H
Reviewed July 15, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Silvia L
HojoinnMidwayFL, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Inn Tallahassee/Midway, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midway
Country Inn and Suites By Carlson Midway Florida
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#32 of 54 in Tallahassee
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tallahassee
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Tallahassee

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Tallahassee/Midway? Share your experiences!