“Some of the best ribs you'll ever have.”

Pearl Country Store
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Micanopy
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Deep Sea
“Some of the best ribs you'll ever have.”
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Absolutely forget the couple negative reviews. I have eaten here several times. I travel all over the United States on business and love barbecue. I don't need ambiance, I don't even need tables for great barbecue. It's not the point. Although, I must say, this is a very nice place to sit down and have a meal so I don't know what the others were talking about. The service is friendly and prompt. The food is fabulous. They use an apple cider barbecue sauce and it is great. The ribs are perfectly smoked and cooked. Fall off the bone and juicy. I can recommend the chicken and the sides I have had as well. This is one of the top 10 barbecue places in the country.

Gainesville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWESOME BBQ”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Do not be detoured by metrosexual latte sippers giving this place a bad rating because it does not complement their smug and "important" lifestyle. It is after all "Pearls Country STORE", and is authentically in the back "country" where time stands still along with the 100+ year old cracker houses. If you are not too important to care about atmosphere and want some of the best ribs and BBQ sauce EVER, then this place is for you. Limousine liberals don't bother.

1 Thank woonahoss
St. Augustine, Florida
“Unless your starving keep on driving!!”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I recently heard about Pearl Country Store and on a recent trip to Gainesville decided to give it a try. My husband and I got the pork bbq sandwich with fries. The price was very inexpensive. It looked good and was a hearty portion. The pork was cut into cubes. It was slightly smokey but really was a lot of fat attached to almost all pieces in the sandwich. The sauce was extremely sweet an they also has an extremely sweet and very hot sauce on the table. Yuck!, fatty meat and syrupy sweet sauce! The sweet tea tasted very old so I got a bottled water. The place is a little dirty and inside a gas station. I don't mind paying for quality or not having better atmosphere but this place was a great disappointment. This place is out of the way so save your time and money eat somewhere else.

3 Thank tobykitty
Venice, Florida
“best bbq of east coast trip”
Reviewed August 17, 2010

The bathroom here was absolutely a wreck. Some people judge how clean a kitchen is by how clean the bathrooms are kept. The BBQ ribs were the best I have had. I drove up the up coast and back in the mountains trying BBQ as I went. I found a few that were close seconds but the bark and the sauce on these ribs was the best. Great portion sizes. I fed myself, my 9 year old daughter and a 5 yr old boy for 11.00 (no drinks).

Deltona, Fl
“Pearl's is heaven!”
Reviewed April 26, 2010

My husband & I were in Gainesville for the weekend to visit with his cousins. I had read about Pearl's & asked if everyone was interested for lunch on Sunday. We drove in south from Gainesville & passed the Micanopy sign & made a quick u-turn. Went to turn into historical Micanopy & spotted Pearl's on the north side of the road. Never would have noticed if it hadn't been for previous reviews--so thanks to all!
All the reviews were correct when they say its the best bbq ever! My husband & I both had the wonderful pulled pork with sweet potato fries. Oh those were so wonderful too! Hubby had coleslaw, which I will get next time. Its the type with oil & sugar, yum! Very fresh too. I had the mac & cheese, which was good, but alot of heavy food for me. The cousins had the ribs & said they were the best ever also. Don't know what they paid, but my sandwich & 2 sides was $8, with a drink for another $1.29.
Service was great & everyone so pleasant & enjoying their job. We got "to-go" boxes without asking. Good thing this place isn't too close to me, or I would be gaining 100 lbs.
I gave this place 3 stars for atmosphere based on the fact that we knew what it would be like before entering, but if you are not into "anything goes", you will probably be disappointed. Some may argue that 3 is too high, but this place is very clean & the atmosphere is the same at a fast food place.