“Great BBQ at a reasonable Price”

Pearl Country Store
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Micanopy
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Stop in for lunch or a snack you won't be disappointed, the sandwiches are packed full and don't forget to try their sweet potato frays with cinnamon sprinkled on top. They have specials every day at lunch and they fill your plate full.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

go there on the weekend if you like corned beef hash they smoke all there own meats and make everything from scratch but go early it sell out fast. its looks like a minute market and gas station but once you get inside its another world they have hunting fishing items for sale typical jiffy store with lots of extras

Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband and I were on a camping weekend at Payne's Prairie State Park last weekend (August 2014) and like it does in Florida, it rained the whole weekend...that said, we found a break in the weather and went out to do some shopping in Micanopy...while in one of the antique stores, I overheard someone ask where the best place was to grab some lunch and the store owners suggested the BBQ inside of Pearl Country Store...My husband and I love trying BBQ from different places, so we finished shopping and went to Pearls Country Store. You wouldn't think good BBQ would be found inside of a gas station, but...here it is! My husband got a Pork Dinner and I got a Brisket sandwich...there were some spectacular desserts in the case as well!! We got ours to go back to our campsite, but there are 5-6 tables inside.

I got the small sandwich, and it was a full meal! My husband loved his pork, fried okra and greens dinner.....and hey, I didn't have to heat up the camper to make dinner!

5-8 minutes from the entrance to Payne's Prairie Campground, 3 min from quaint Micanopy, you're eatin' good! Just look for the big gas station with all the solar panels on the roof! You can't miss it!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

get the biscuits and gravy - awesome and great price - fast and hot. In and out for under $5.00. they have a place also to sit and eat and watch the tube. very friendly and convenient.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I grew up in the BBQ Triangle with KC, STL and Memphis all about 3-4 hours away so I grew up on good BBQ and have high standards for my BBQ. I had hit all the local Gainesville BBQ joints and one in Newberry that was highly touted. Came away disappointed with all of them. Then had a local tell me about Pearls down in Micanopy (short 10 minute drive south of town) that is run out of a gas station/general store and it has been our go-to BBQ place ever since. Their ribs and pulled pork are comparable to what I've had in KC, NC and Memphis and the brisket is also worthy of what I've had in TX. Sides are also good and their sauce is nice. Pearls is worth the short drive down to Micanopy for good BBQ.