“Best BBQ in N.C. Florida”

Pearl Country Store
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Micanopy
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Cross Creek, Fl
“Best BBQ in N.C. Florida”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Awesome breakfast too. Mrs Sharon is best short order cook in the biz. Amazing corned beef hash on the weekends.

• Visited July 2012

Ocala, Florida
“Good Food and FILTHY”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The food was tasty but the place was absolutely filthy! I still ate there because of the trip advisor giving it 5 stars. Slimmy floors with food all over them and pretty much everything in the place was covered with dirt and grime! The cashier stayed on the phone instead of cleaning but it would not have made any difference. They need to close the place and have a whole crew come in and clean it or better yet, tear the place down and rebuild. This is no joke!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank ramonalisa373373
West Palm Beach, FL
“Delicious BBQ - Country Style”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

What this place lacks in ambiance is made up for in flavor! My son & I stopped for lunch and split the 1/2 chicken dinner. It came with extra generous portions of two sides along with tasty garlic toast. It was plenty for the two of us - btw my son is a typical teenage boy with a very healthy appetite - we were both very satisfied. The sides we had were veggies topped with cheddar & good old fashioned green beans - cooked with bacon. I'd highly recommend this off-the-beaten-path unique dining experience.

• Visited June 2012
Gainesville Florida
“The food”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

It is a country store with excellent barbeque. The food is great if you like barbeque. The seating is almost nonexistent.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank cweldon
Dunnellon, Florida
“Great little breakfast stop before hitting downtown Micanopy”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Because the darling little downtown center of Micanopy has no hotels or restaurants, just B&Bs and cafes, we stayed at a hotel in Gainesville and ate our breakfast/dinner elsewhere. Pearl
Country Store has a Micanopy address but is on Hwy 441 before you hit downtown Micanopy. I thought Pearl's might be like this legendary market/eatery called Puckett's in Leiper's Fork not far from where I live in Franklin, Tennessee, and it is very similar to Puckett's in feel and design. You go in. What you get is a typical little gas station market with shelves lined with Micanopy souvenirs and food/essentials, and the restaurant is in the back of the market. You order at the counter, then sit down at a little table, and a friendly waitress brings you huge portions of food. I got biscuits and gravy and french toast and potatoes - I got a half order of everything, and it was still HUGE. What would a whole order be like, I wonder. I could only eat half of my half orders. Everything was excellent. Puckett's does have better biscuits and gravy, but Puckett's has better biscuits than everybody and Pearl's was still very good. The women who worked there were as friendly as can be. I hope to return to Micanopy (if I don't move there), and I will definitely stop by Pearl's again.

• Visited May 2012