“Very happy to have found it”

Antonio's Made in Italy
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Micanopy
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Headington, United Kingdom
“Very happy to have found it”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Bearing in mind this little place is in the middle of nowhere it is amazing that anybody ever gets there. When we arrived my son said "Mummy this is a house not a restaurant, I don't think we should go in". Luckily we did go in and we had a very good meal. The service was fantastic; friendly, helpful and kind to our children. I asked for spaghetti with clams but without mussels (as I had a bad reaction before), and the waitress was charming and said it was no problem. My partner had a veggie spaghetti and the kids had pastas. We all ate everything. My only quibble would be that the sauces were a little overly saucy. The adult pastas were at least 'mixed in' with their sauces but for some reason the kids' pastas were 'with sauce on top' which is a bit old fashioned but the kids don't mind. My clams were plump and delicious and the wine was great. The house salad was fresh, tasty and frankly a bit of a joyous find in America. In all honestly if this food was served up in a big city you'd be pleased but to be served up in nowheresville you're pretty delighted. Thanks for the memories.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank winkywonk

Orange Lake, Florida
“Hidden gem.”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Antonio is the owner/chef in this tiny fine dinning gem. I've noticed that cars have started to fill the large lot. Hidden in McIntosh, just south of Micanopy, it is open for dinner most nights and some lunches. This was my second visit. My first was a whim. I got the $35 Stuffed Veal Chop togo. It was so outstanding, I had to go back with my wife.
Place is cute, clean, and tiny. We were in early, and Chef saw and remembered me, came to the table. On Good Friday, my wife had Fettuccine Pescatore in the white wine sauce, clams, mussels, shrimp, salmon?, etc @ $29. Outstanding. Pasta, al dente, mussels sweet, perfect textures.
I had the 12oz Delmonico @ $30 on Antonio's recommendation. It came with a chilled potato salad, sautéed spinach, and a mushroom Demi/glacé. It was perfection. Cut it with a butter knife. Seamless service. I had an espresso and an extraordinary tiramisu served with God only knows what wonderfully sweet sauce. Not the usual presentation or flavor! They have beer and wine. It was perfect. And shouldn't be a hidden gem much longer. I'd imagine you'll need reservations soon.

• Visited April 2014
Micanopy, Florida
“A little slice of Italy”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

When Antonio's opened my husband and I as well as several other people along the "highway" were thrilled. We had experienced Antonio's fare when it was Roberto's but he has taken it to a new level. The food , service and ambiance are top notch. I've never had a bad meal and always look forward to visiting Antonio's whenever we can. The bruschetta is delicious and the Tiramisu is like no other you have ever had. So if you ever find yourself on 441 north of Ocala and south of Micanopy you will find Antonio's right on the edge of a little 1890's town called McIntosh.

• Visited March 2014
Inverness, Florida
“Spectacular. What a treat!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This little gem of a restaurant was a wonderful experience. Amazing food, fabulous service, beautifully decorated and totally romantic. What more could you ask for?

Visited April 2014
gourmetgirl1
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magical Evening”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Seven of us, camping at Payne's Prairie, made a reservation & visited Antonio's one evening during our stay. The staff was excellent, the menu choices & quality were way above average, and the prices were in line with what you received. The service was fantastic. Three of us shared a bottle of Chianti Classico, which was smooth and pleasant. I'd have loved to see a Barbera or Montepulciano as an additional choice, but hey, this place is in an old house in the middle of nowhere, which adds to it's charm, and one's satisfaction level in finding it and the quality they offer. I had the fettuccine pescatori. It was good, although I didn't see any calamari in it. Seasonal unavailability, perhaps, which I can respect. When Antonio came to our table, we spontaneously all applauded loudly. He had even offered us a gratis after dinner liquor, a homemade limoncello (only orange). And my allergy was accommodated in the most pleasant and helpful manner possible. While not the best restaurant meal ever (considering France & Italy & upper end restos in big US cities), our visit was absolute magic!

• Visited March 2014