“Worth a trip”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Lovely small family owned restaurant with live music open on weekends. Everything made to order. Short pleasant drive from Gainesville. Call and make reservation.

1  Thank KBM212

Reviewed April 14, 2013

From the outside it looks like a quaint yellow home,
and on the inside the atmosphere is warm, cozy, and friendly.
Even though It was my first time there, I felt right at home as though I was a local among friends. It's the perfect spot for a family dinner or a romantic outing, the interior is gorgeous and the manager, Roberto, and our hostess Lisa were incredibly friendly and kind.

Better yet, the food here is excellent. The spinach and provolone stuffed chicken breast and Capallini-Tuscan Style Lasagna were outstanding!! (and beautifully prepared) Likewise, the dessert left me speechless, the chocolate moose cake with peppermint chocolate sauce is hands down, the best chocolate cake I've ever had. I could have definitely had five more slices and then some. Roberto's is a great place, has an intimate personal feel, and is the perfect place to enjoy a great meal and a conversation. I highly reccomend it. If this restaurant were located in Miami or New York, for food this good it'd cost a fortune, but luckily for us it's delicious and affordable.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I would like to thank Roberto's for making every visit a memorable one. The quality and quantity of the food never ceases to amaze us and the presentation is absolutely beautiful. I love the way that the food is made to order and never rushed and thrown together. It is always worth the wait. My family and friends love coming to hear your guitarist Bob Brounley every Saturday night. We understand that in the restaurant business people come and go and sometimes you're short handed but we see how everyone rallies around each other and pitches in to help and that's impressive in itself. Keep up the great work! See you soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Like the antique stores and old village surrounding the eatery, Roberto's Italian Eatery is worth finding and staying to eat! You have to look for it - it is a little yellow house in a complex of 3-4 antique shops. It is on the right side of the road (if you are heading south), just north of McIntosh, FL. The service was a little slow, but perhaps this is because all meals are cooked to order, and the food was definitely worth the wait. Besides, there was wonderful live music (acoustic guitar) that we thoroughly enjoyed, so we did not mind the wait.

My husband got the salmon with gorgonzola and balsamic vinegar reduction special, and I got the chicken parmesan. Both were outstanding - served in an attractive manner and cooked to perfection. My appetizer, the bean soup, was very good. Since I am not a fan of bean soups, I expected to taste it and pass it on to my husband, but I kept it and ate every single drop of it. The tiramisu I ordered for dessert was a little different than I expected, but if one stirs it up so that the "crust" at the bottom of the dish gets mixed in with the rest of the dessert, it is delectable.

We stopped in here on a "backroads" trip from seeing the Braves play (and win) in Kissimmee/Orlando to home in Gainesville, FL and after our wonderful dinner experience we headed home - the perfect end to a perfect day! We decided this was our new "go to" place when we want a spcial night out together. Also, the price was very reasonable - we both had our appetizers, our entrees, tea, and dessert and the bill was around $50.00 including tip.

They are not open every day, so check their facebook page for times, days, and menu specials.

The only downside is that only one of the waitresses seemed to be a "regular". We had the impression that part of the wait staff were "filling in", but nonetheless, our water/tea glasses were kept filled and, like I said earlier, the slow service was not a problem for us since the music was great, the food was fantastic, and we were enjoying a leisurely day.

1  Thank Eagle75-76
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was our first time - what a pleasant surprise. It was the best Italian food we have had in the area. This is not fast food, everything is prepared to order. The food was excellent, the presentation was nice and the atmosphere was pleasant.

It is worth the drive from Gainesville.