“Oh yes”
Review of Old Florida Cafe

Old Florida Cafe
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Micanopy
Reviewed December 24, 2012

All the food is great especially the Black beans.Plus the Ice cream is rich and delicious.Right in the heart of Micanopy.This is a great break when you are worn down from checking out all the fantastic shops and antique places that make Micanopy suchj a treasure to visit.

1  Thank warbird56

Reviewed December 5, 2012

There's not a lot of room to sit inside as it is chalk full of florida memorabilia, but there are tables outside if the weather permits and the mosquitos aren't biting. The food is large portions (had the reuben sandwich) and noodle soup on a cooler fall day. The staff is mediocre--not anticipating needs but not ignoring either. Prices very reasonable in this charming venue for a quick lunch bite. Not sure if breakfast or dinner are served but we recommend it for lunches.

1  Thank Gail H
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We were looking for a place to stop for lunch while on the road recently. We decided to stop in Micanopy FL The town had several very nice shops that we enjoyed visiting and will probably stop here on our next trip. We selected the Old Florida Cafe for lunch. It was a good choice. Nothing fancy or expensive. My husband enjoyed the Chili and BLT sandwich. I had a salad that was very fresh. They had outside seating that we enjoyed. We will be stopping in Micanopy again.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Do not miss getting a bite to eat at this gem when in Micanopy!!!! First place in a long time that is low cost and high value in food and service. BLT, turkey sandwich, beans and rice, chicken noodle soup, key lime cheesecake....all homemade and all fresh. Oh the bread...the bread!!!!! Yummy!!! Spectacular service...friendly, accommodating and let you know they are very happy you are there eating with them.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I stopped by Old Florida Cafe while visiting our daughters in Gainesville. Being a vegan, I was afraid there wouldn't be much on the menu for me but was pleasantly surprised to find a vegetarian section! I quickly decided on the veggie sandwich (sans cheese), hubby had the Cuban. Since we are from South Florida, we know our Cuban food and he proclaimed this one almost as good as any he'd eaten in Miami. The only difference is that the Cuban bread down south is a bit better. My sandwich was delicious and filling, and alongside a glass of iced tea it was the perfect lunch. The service was wonderful, wait staff very friendly, couldn't have asked for a better experience.