“A Pleasant Stay”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Micanopy
Shady Oak Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Micanopy B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This facility is no longer a b&b, now doing "long term" (30day) rentals. However, not all units are continuously rented out and you can have a room by the day if your timing is right. Mine was and I am thankful. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable at a pleasing price. The "common area" has a full kitchen available. Situated at ground zero for "downtown" Micanopy, Mr. Frank James operates a well run enterprise. I came to Micanopy having had business in Gainesville which coincided with graduation night at U.F., causing accomodation rates in Gainesville to skyrocket. Although Micanopy was 13 miles away, even once Gainesville rates return to normalacy, I'll be checking back in at Shady Oak for its ambiance, host, and completely serene atmosphere. Thanks Frank.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Janstroh
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I were doing some last minute plans for our anniversary weekend. Frank was there when we needed a place to stay even though it was late. The place itself is beautiful and historic. He suggested some local places to eat before it was to late and man were his recomondations spot on. He accomodated us in every way possible despite no prior knowledge of us coming (we didnt even know). He was absolutely fantastic and didnt charge us an arm and a leg to stay. We only stayed one night but the view from the third floor balcony was great and relaxing. We didnt stay long but every second we were there was fantastic. At night there was absolute silence you dont find very often and the room was comfortable. We will definately return. Frank is truly a great person and was fantastic to deal with. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Third story room definately recommended. Showers with skylight and a screened in balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Russell H
A TripAdvisor Member
Shreveport, LA
Reviewed June 4, 2004

I stayed here for an anniversary. It has been a few years since I have been here but the stay was by far the best. I have been in several top hotels-Omni, Hilton, Hyatt, Le Parker Meridien, etc but this was the best stay that I have had away from home. Frank James and staff are wonderful-the rooms are beautifully decorated (stained glass that he designed himself and yes he offers clases), the food was wonderful (no skimping here) and the atmosphere is so relaxing. We stayed in the heron's nest and it was so nice to have the light of the moon filtering into our bedroom. Give them a try- I truly believe you will like it!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Shady Oak Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!