“We went three times in three days and loved every meal!”

Blue Highway Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Micanopy
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Blue Highway is a a casual, family-friendly neighborhood restaurant specializing in traditional Neapolitan style pizza and calazones. Small plates, salads, paninis, sandwiches and desserts are served. Glueten Free options are available. A good selection of local craft beer and wine is also available. We take great pride in our culinary culture; serving the highest quality fresh, local, organic (when possible), and expertly prepared food, served with love.
“We went three times in three days and loved every meal!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

There aren't many restaurants in Micanopy but cousins steered us to the Blue Highway and it was so much fun and do good (and always crowded) that we just kept going back. Try the salad with walnuts ! Fabulous! Mushroom pizza to die for and I am from the mushroom capital of the world in PA! Go! Enjoy! Stuff yourselves!

Orange Park, Florida
“The Pizza is Fantabulous!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Loved, loved, loved the pizza! I ordered the Carne (meat) pizza and it was sublime. It had thin slivers of prosciutto that were absolute perfection! It was just the right amount of saltiness and my mouth literally watered between bites! My daughter built her own pizza and she was very pleased. The brownie dessert was rich and smooth. The only reason I didn't give this place 5 stars is because everything is served on paper plates and plastic cups. My 8 dollar wine was served in a small clear plastic cup! Overall it is a rare little treat in the country. Highly recommend.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Pretty good, but not great”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Was expecting something amazing the way many folks have raved about this place. We LOVE pizza and have tried it all over the country, so we truly appreciate something unique or delicious. We liked the extensive menu and reasonable prices, plus the service was great and the staffere all very helpful & positive.

We ordered a mushroom & eggplant pizza. We always appreciate fresh mushrooms (rare around here) but they were somewhat bland. The eggplant was good and different - not the usual salty breaded/fried kind. It was a lighter cooked version and fairly tasty. The crust was good - a decent thickness with good flavor. The sauce was also decent but skimpy and a bit blander than we prefer. We also ordered a meatball calzone. It was cooked more than we'd like, so the outside was almost burnt, but the dough elsewhere was soft. Plenty of good quality meatballs in it, but really nothing else but mozzarella since we asked for the sauce on the side. I always thought a calzone had ricotta inside as well or it would be a stromboli. Could have also used some seasonings to liven it up some.

Overall, we liked everything we had and will probably come back to give it another try, especially when they open their pending Ocala location. It just didn't impress me.

• Visited January 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Best Kept Secret in Micanopy”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I visit the shops of Micanopy a couple of time per year. We are usually there during the middle of the day so we have lunch at one of the two places in the antique area. On this trip we decided to stay overnight at the Herlong mansion. When we discovered that the Yearling was not open on Wednesday night, we asked the stained glass lady for a dinner recommendation. She directed us to The Blue Highway. It was all she said it was and more. The antipasti starter was as good as any we had enjoyed in Italy. The pizza was better than any we had in Italy. Don't let the outside fool you. This is not a diner or road house with typical bar food. The menu is upscale without being overwhelming or pricey. The service is way above average, the rest rooms are clean and the atmosphere is small-town friendly. The Blue Highway is our new favorite in Micanopy area.

• Visited January 2013
“Yummy”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I were hungry, we would have eaten a pizza but so tired couldn't figure out the menu, the server that approached us once she realized we were reading the menu and had just gotten off I-75 said oh your tired....then as I tried to ask ?'s about the food she walked away and gave her attention to the people that were seated after us....hmmmmm???? So we wait. She never came back I went to the counter n got the cashier to recommend a sandwich, we got 2 Gino's to go. They were yummy and the pickles were a treat. Needed more chips in the to-go box.