“Should be condemned” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
South Jordan, Utah
“Should be condemned”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Worst place ever. Stayed before and after our cruise. Filthy carpets left our feet pitch black which made the bathroom floor and bottom of tub black. Found a bug in my bed and some kind of fluid stains on sheets. Bathroom door wouldn't shut, t.v. reception sucked, Walmart type furniture. Our room was located way in the back wing next to the gutted abandoned building. Creepy. Area around doorknobs hadn't been cleaned in years. Black with grime. Made my skin crawl. Here's a bit of irony - they left a laminated note on the desk warning us not to order food from any of the restaurants who had put fliers under our door because, "the food is of poor quality and and does not meet the standards of our hotel." Are you kidding? This hotel has no standards!

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank cruisemom57

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Finnish first
Apex, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel was not really worth the $50. The bed was very uncomfortable, appeared to be not clean sheets and the room was very small. The bathroom had "hairs" on the floor, walls, in the tub and there was NO hot water for my shower. The gentlemen at the front desk were courteous and there was a free shuttle, but that is about all the Days Inn offered.
We also had to go outside and "find" our room. This was just for a late Sunday flight that didn't connect until the next morning.

• 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Redmond WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

While this is not the worst hotel I have ever stayed, it easily falls within my top 3 terrable hotel experiences. The best thing about this hotel was leaving via the free shuttle to our cruise ship.
This is a very old hotel, and it looks it. The room had a real stench when we entered it. We would never go back to this place. It needs to be torn down. Days Inn should be ashamed to have this hotel as a franchise.
Good things: Free shuttles actually are free.
Bad things: A lot of road and airport noise, Beds are squeeky, Dirty room, Hairs on towels, Safe broken, Air conditioner not working properly, Bathroom fixtures, Cockroaches
We noticed that beds were made and linnens NOT changed between guests
This place is a total pig sty!

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Paid for a room for 2 and was allowed to have 5 stay in the room. Too bad my wife and I were the only human beings in here. Upon arrival we checked the room out thoroughly for cleanliness as we always do when travelling, and went to grab something to eat after a very long day. We were in town for a cruise and obviously, with the price of the room, weren't expecting 5 star accommodations, just a comfortable place to sleep for the night. I don't care about air traffic noise or street noise, just cleanliness. Not alot to ask for, right?? WRONG! As previously mentioned when we returned from dinner I went to use the washroom and was horrified at what I saw on the sink and the wall above the mirror. 3 HUGE COCKROACHES!! I stood there in disbelief because I've never actually run into this problem before. I was completely and thoroughly disgusted. By the time I could get my shoe to smash them the last of the three was making it's way into the crack behind the mirror. I closed the bathroom door and stuffed towels into every crack in that door to hopefully keep them in the bathroom if they decided to crawl out somewhere else. Needless to say we did not sleep worth a #@$! all night. What great start to a vacation, huh? Because of the length of the day and the fact that it was after 1:30am we couldn't really go hunting for another hotel. This disgusting incident was reported to the front desk staff the next day but seemed like they couldn't care less.
I'm all about giving so I'm glad I gave them back the little present that was left for me.
Please whatever you do, DO NOT STAY HERE. Spend a little extra and find another hotel, trust me you'll be glad you did. It's going to take a long time to get those images out of my head

1 Thank thoroughlydisgusted
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Ask for a room near the pool.Call for pickup as soon as you arrive at luggage area,as it takes about 20-30 minutes.

Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

After a plane ride, and a walk to grab something to eat in the Humid Miami Heat, all we wanted to do was take a shower and get relaxed. To our surprise there are no washclothes. We go to front desk, and they tell us they don't have anymore, and we could improvise or wait until housekeeping shows in the morning. Mind you reservation was made 3 months ago, rooms should've been prepped for the 3 people I had on reservation, and the fact that we where checking out first thing in the morning disappointed me. The second disappointment was when I realized they had charged my card after I had paid Cash at check-in. I stayed here before and felt confident to stay again, but next time I will stay somewhere else.

North Augusta, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

Stayed 9/5/10 for a cruise that left on 9/6/10. Found the hotel online and booked for a decent rate $60+tax and fees($71). Hotel was very basic with fixtures in need of replacement. Not a very secure feeling, and to top it off when I arrived and was given my vouchers for the shuttle I asked how to contact the shuttle for a return to my vehicle and was told the shuttle was only one way and that I would have to make arrangement for return transport. We ended up taking a cab for $32 including tip and tolls. This surprise totally would have changed my decision. What was a deal no longer was!!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!