“Acceptable for a Pre-Cruise stay”

Days Inn Miami Airport North
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
“Acceptable for a Pre-Cruise stay”
Reviewed April 2, 2010

We needed a hotel one night pre-cruise that would provide shuttle service and allow 5 people in one room. (2 adults 3 teens). The arrival time of our flight into MIA was 11:30pm so we didn't need any frills just wanted someplace close. This hotel covered all our needs - so we booked it. Upon arrival at the airport, we made one phone call to the hotel and 10 minutes later the shuttle van arrived to take us to the hotel. Check in was quick and easy and our room was ready and waiting. They gave us a coupon with a time to catch the shuttle bus to the cruise port on Sunday so we knew we could sleep in. The room itself showed is age. But it was fairly clean and the beds where comfy. Sunday morning the bus was ready to take us to the curise port and that's what we were really there for. I would not recommend staying here for an extended length of time but it served it's purpose of being close to the airport with smooth efficent shuttles from the airport and to the cruise port. It was an OK place to stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank MichiganMom3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Finnish first
NJ
Reviewed March 28, 2010

I thought what the heck? we were only going to be here 12 hours at most!! the price was right, they picked us up at the airport and would drop us off at our cruise ship. How bad could it be?? well, pretty bad! I always thought Days Inn had a good reputation. How silly of me! the room was tiny and old. the bathroom was shabby and decrepit!. Had we stayed any longer I would have lost my mind!
We used the cruise and snooze package. The restaurant was clean , though the service sucked. We never used the coupons for the free drinks since the bar had a less than desirable crowd!
Get your name on the list for the shuttle early and make sure you know the shuttle comes to the back of the hotel. I had read all these reviews and chose to ignore them. Just know that they are all true!!! YIKES

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank kathleen040nj
Boston
Reviewed February 22, 2010

We booked this place for a quick stopover before a cruise. We sure appreciated the cruiseship! This place is ok. Not all the staff spoke English, but were very kind and helpful. However, there are no elevators, which means climbing up stairs with your luggage.
There is a cafe for meals, and free shuttle service between the airport and again to the Port Of Miami. However you must sign up for it when you check in.
All in all an ok place to visit but I wouldn't want to live here.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Navilus
toronto
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I booked this hotel as a basic place to stay before our between our flight and our cruise, and was drawn in by the free airport and cruise shuttle - it seemed like a good value. The website portrayed it as a basic, but clean hotel. Let me warn you, the website for this hotel is a COMPLETE MISREPRESENTATION!!! From the minute we walked into the front lobby, I was cringing. The front lobby was shabby, smelly and just altogether sketchy. When we got up to our room, it got worse. Despite asking for a non-smoking room, our room reeked of smoke and god knows what else. The room was very, very dirty (there was still garbage on the dresser from the previous guests, the bathroom floor had hair on it...utterly disgusting), the bed was terribly uncomfortable, and it was just a horrible experience. One other note - DO NOT go to the bar attached to the hotel even through they offer free drinks with some packages. It was the sketchyist hole in the wall I have ever stepped foot in and my boyfriend and I were actually nervous to be in there. The ONLY redeeming thing about the whole experience was the breakfast at the cafe next door. We had breakfast burritos and they were surprisingly good.

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed February 18, 2010

I had read multiple negative reviews about this hotel here before I booked but due their great shuttle service (from airport and to cruiseport) , I decided to book anyway. I didn't encounter any problems from check-in to check-out and the shuttle delivered us as promised. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. It's not South Beach but why would you book at the aiport if that's what you're looking for?

Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We stayed here the night before our cruise for the airport and cruise shuttle. It was a very basic room. The age of the hotel is definitely showing and it was nothing spectacular but for one night, I didn't mind it. There was nothing terrible about it, but nothing amazing either. We skipped breakfast but they let us use our breakfast coupon at lunch time so we got pizza's instead. That was nice.

Might stay here again... depends on the price.

PA
Reviewed February 14, 2010

Stay away from the dump,please. I booked 5 rooms for self and friends before a cruise Our rooms were in the very the very back building in a sketchy area of town..They charge everyone for the in room safe. My safe was not in working order. I called friends in other rooms ,they could not access their safes because rooms with 2 beds block the closet where the safe is. So, I foolishly placed my passport into my jewelry portfolio and stashed into luggage.We went to church and ate at I hop then went to sleep in our not so clean and very outdated rooms. We were getting ready to depart for the seaport when I realized I had been robbed ! When I called the front desk they said they would send housekeeping. The people can even clean let alone help me. I called 911. Police came and noted that door doesn't closed tight unless slammed hard. I have no jewelry and no passport 30 minutes before our transport was to pick us up. Carnival line was pretty helpful but I couldn't sail until copies of passport and birth certificate were faxed to ship.Please Please, please don't let this happen to you ! Stay away from this Days Inn. (also keep copies of your important documents )

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Regency Hotel Miami
Regency Hotel Miami
#37 of 122 in Miami
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!