“It is worth the extra money to stay somewhere else.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Miami Airport North

Days Inn Miami Airport North
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Buford, GA
“It is worth the extra money to stay somewhere else.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

I have stayed in alot of cheaper hotels to save money and this has got to be the worst room I have ever stayed in. I decide to stay here because they will pick you up from the airport and take you to the cruise port in their snooze and cruise package. I believe they were the only hotel to do this. However, it is worth the money to stay anywhere else. To start out when getting off the plane and picking up my luggage I called to let them know we were at the airport. The front desk person was very busy and rude and said they would be in a section that I did not know where it was. I had to call back 2 times just to figure out where because I couldnt keep him on the phone to tell me exactly where to go. I could barely understand what he was saying with his accent and poor english and quickness to get off the phone. After 20 minutes of waiting our driver showed up. We got to the hotel in our room and was shocked by how small the room was. Do Not bring 4 bags in this room because you will not have anywhere to walk. Our room was next to the front desk and was very loud all night. They do have a bar and sandwich shop connected to the hotel on each side of the hotel. The bar says they serve snacks, that means bags of chips and penuts for sale. After a nights stay there I went to the sandwich shop for breakfast. The food was great but their was only 1 person working to take your order and make it. I waited about 30 minutes and finally got to order then waited another 20 for my food after that. The bar made good drinks however the crowd in there at night time was mostly crack heads and alcoholics. I like going to bars but that one wasn't my favorite for the night life. During the day it was a nice little quiet dive. Whatever you do, do not eat the pizza that is slipped underneath the door of the hotel. We made the mistake of ordering there( New York Pizza Kitchen) It took 1.5 hrs to get the food, they didnt even have all I ordered, did not take cards just cash, and no change from the driver(even though I asked if the driver would) not to mention the pizza was horrible and I found ou they were not a real business that doesn't get inspected by the health inspector. The next morning we were in line waiting for our cruise shuttle provided by the hotel and guess what it was late. I would go and ask every 30 minutes when would it be here and they always said 10 minutes. after waiting for over 2 hours our shuttle finally came. By the time we got onto our cruise our first day was taken up by waiting in the hotel and having to stand in line at the port since our shuttle was late getting us to the boat. Bottom of the line, it is worth spending a few extra bucks on your room and a cab to stay anywhere but here.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Finnish first
New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

My husband and I arrived here for a 1 night stay before leaving on our cruise. It seemed it would be convienent as they offered shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise ships. We called from the airport for pickup service which arrived about 20 minutes later and the driver put our bags in the back of the shuttle bus. We were the last on so we ended up in the back. We were let out in the parking lot at the back of the motel. It had rained recently and I was a little upset that the driver put my nice duffle bag on the ground, in a puddle.
Reception went fairly smoothly and we were given our room key. Having 2 large suitcases and 2 carryons, we found it very inconvienent to be put in a room way down the other end that was only accessible by walking thru the back parking lot and along the length of the motel. I would think it would make sense for an airport "hotel" to have inside rooms closer together, with more floors. I assumed this was how this would be as they advertise it as a hotel, but it is actually a motel.
We entered our very small, dingy, dirty and outdated room. It was dark and everything in it needed replacing. There was a closet with a safe which we attempted to use for our valuables when we went for a walk, but it was broken. We walked down the street form the motel which is in a not so desirable neighborhood. We went back to our room, realized we needed a bottle opener so my husband went to inquire at the lounge but the server there had no interest in helping. This lounge was also very dark and disgusting looking. So my husband ended up walking across the street to the convienence store for his purchase. Later on we ate at Subway and tried to stretch out our stay there as we had no desire to spend any more time than necessary in our dumpy room.
I was reluctant to sleep in the bed but did make it through the night. The door to the outside had light showing in around it so I can assume it wasn't too secure. Maybe that's why the place is all fenced in? I kept as much on me as I could for cover. The blanket and bedspread had disgusting stains so we just threw them on the floor. By the time we left, my white socks were black on the bottem - I ended up throwing them out as I didn't want them back in my luggage.
We had coffee and bagels in the X-presso cafe which was the only decent part of our stay here. When we checked out, there was a $2.00 additional charge added for the safe. I told her the safe didn't even work, but she said there was nothing she could do about it, it is an automatic charge. Gimme a break!
So we then waited for the shuttle to the cruise ship port which we were told would arrive between 10-11:00. It showed up at 11:30. It took awhile to get onto that as well once it did show up, but then the rest of the trip to the port went fine.
I know the price here was cheap, but was still not worth any amount. It would be better to pay more and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Durham, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

You do get what you pay for, I suppose. We stayed here for one night because they offered free shuttles between the airport, the hotel and the port. The room was disgusting and smelled terrible. We chose not to remove our socks while staying there. We had a trail of ants running along the floor by the door. The check in process was ridiculously slow (it took the front desk clerk 58 minutes to check in 3 rooms) and inaccurate (they tried to charge us $26 more than our confirmed reservation). It was really an armpit of a hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

I travel for a living and have stayed in some questionable motel rooms. This one took the cake. The absolute worst! Dirty, smelly and the worst bed in history. It literally sank when I sat on it. This is a true dive and should be avoided. The price is cheap, $69 and it's close to the airport. That is what brings unknowing people like myself in. Once there, you are in a bad part of town in a horrible room. The place should be renamed, 'The Hole Your Inn.' Just terrible!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank romhell
COLORADO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2009

The hotel is right on a busy street with cars passing all night that you can hear if you're by the road. If you stay here, request a room away from the street. There were hairs on the folded towels including one that was short...ugh. The room was smelly.

You get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank faz2112
jenky72
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

i would not wish anyone harm from this review, but this place just really sucked - noisy, smelly, dingy, etc
The best thing was leaving

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

I thought I had made a real mistake when I had pre-paid my room before I had checked out the reviews at TripAdvisor. As I read through one horror story after another, I expected the worst. At the end of the day, it wasn't really that bad for one night. I needed a place to stay for one night, before I continued to South America. This place is close to the airport and comparatively inexpensive. Hence, I didn't expect a lot of "extras". I picked up the shuttle fairly shortly after my arrival, and the room was OK. Everything I could ask for. When I needed a taxi, the staff called one for me very quickly. This hotel appears to be a place where a lot of cruise passengers spend one night before or after their cruise. For them, the lack of elevators could be a problem. Not for me.

I thought this was a good place to spend one night. If I would spend more than one night, I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!