“Disgusting, but convenient to the airport and cheap” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Miami Airport North

Days Inn Miami Airport North
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Miami Springs
Durham, NC
“Disgusting, but convenient to the airport and cheap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2010

You do get what you pay for, I suppose. We stayed here for one night because they offered free shuttles between the airport, the hotel and the port. The room was disgusting and smelled terrible. We chose not to remove our socks while staying there. We had a trail of ants running along the floor by the door. The check in process was ridiculously slow (it took the front desk clerk 58 minutes to check in 3 rooms) and inaccurate (they tried to charge us $26 more than our confirmed reservation). It was really an armpit of a hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Finnish first
florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2010

I travel for a living and have stayed in some questionable motel rooms. This one took the cake. The absolute worst! Dirty, smelly and the worst bed in history. It literally sank when I sat on it. This is a true dive and should be avoided. The price is cheap, $69 and it's close to the airport. That is what brings unknowing people like myself in. Once there, you are in a bad part of town in a horrible room. The place should be renamed, 'The Hole Your Inn.' Just terrible!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank romhell
COLORADO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2009

The hotel is right on a busy street with cars passing all night that you can hear if you're by the road. If you stay here, request a room away from the street. There were hairs on the folded towels including one that was short...ugh. The room was smelly.

You get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank faz2112
jenky72
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2009

i would not wish anyone harm from this review, but this place just really sucked - noisy, smelly, dingy, etc
The best thing was leaving

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2009

I thought I had made a real mistake when I had pre-paid my room before I had checked out the reviews at TripAdvisor. As I read through one horror story after another, I expected the worst. At the end of the day, it wasn't really that bad for one night. I needed a place to stay for one night, before I continued to South America. This place is close to the airport and comparatively inexpensive. Hence, I didn't expect a lot of "extras". I picked up the shuttle fairly shortly after my arrival, and the room was OK. Everything I could ask for. When I needed a taxi, the staff called one for me very quickly. This hotel appears to be a place where a lot of cruise passengers spend one night before or after their cruise. For them, the lack of elevators could be a problem. Not for me.

I thought this was a good place to spend one night. If I would spend more than one night, I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2009

We booked this hotel for one night since it was close to the airport and we had an early morning flight. I was not expecting anything more than basic, but this was ridiculous! They assured us that their shuttle would pick us up from the rental car facility. Didn't happen! The room was old, dirty, stained & torn sheets, hair on bathroom floor and in bathtub, linens like sandpaper, towels even worse! The location is in a sketchy neighborhood and right under the flight path. If you don't bring your laptop and want to use their internet, it is $2 per minute!! Plan on bringing your own alarm clock because the wake up call we ordered never happened. Oh, and checkout in the early morning took forever...and we were the only ones checking out at that time! I would NEVER stay here again and would NEVER recommend it to anyone! Especially at $90 a night!!!! We've stayed in better places for half that price!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank asassygirl2
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2009

Unbelievable! So, I ALWAYS go tripadvisor.com and check out the hotel reviews before I book, however, this time I didnt because we found this place and it offered free shuttle service to and from the hotel and also to the port of Miami to the cruise ship. So I booked and THEN I checked the reviews on here. 74% had nothing good to say..so I called the hotel to cancel the reservation and the man, Godwin, became very hyper and rude. I told him that's exactly why I wanted to cancel the reservation because I read so many bad reviews about the rudeness and the facilities. He then calmed down and asked us to give them a try and he would upgrade us to the managers special room because it was our anniversary and he wanted to make our stay as comfortable as possible. He did offer us a refund if we were not satisfied.
The van arriving to pick us up at the airport was on time...very NICE driver, helpful. When we walked into the hotel (dump, rather), it looked very clean and nice. BUT then when we got to the room...pitiful! It smelled musty and filthy. The pillows had hairs on them and lint. The ceiling was cracked and flaking off onto the floor, the bathroom was HIDEOUS! The toilet had, and I wont say exactly what it was, but the toilet had a very unpleasant something on the seat and there was a puddle of water on the floor with hairs floating in it.
There was also some, uh, other hairs on the toilet paper and the holder, no face towels, more hairs on the toilet lid, the bathtub had what appeared to be rust in it, the bed was wobbly, the door would not shut all the way. There were stains on the walls and one stain, Im hoping was mud, looked to be like something else that belonged in the toilet.
This place is a dump! We left after I took some photos, got a refund and went to the CROWNE PLAZA. Awesome place. I ll leave a review for there too. But in the meantime, stay away from this place. ALSO, the same people own the RUNWAY AIRPORT motel. I would stay away from there too. Photos will come after we return home from our vacation.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Regency Hotel Miami
Regency Hotel Miami
#37 of 124 in Miami
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,429 reviews

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!